Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 2.2 on HTC Desire Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yes you can only remove them via adb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It sounds as if you are trying to access it with the phone switched on. You need to access it using ADB with the phone in the green recovery menu. You can't mount /system with -rw permissions without being in the recovery menu.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hey PAMG - I tried again to root my phone and failed :(

Seems to be a constant problem with the gold card :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

partyatmygaff Basically I moved the apps I didn't want from the /system/app folder to /sdcard/device_files

I have the phone in recovert mode and using the adb in control panel but I can't get it to display a list of files in the /sdcard/device_files folder.

I have tried adb-windows shell ls /sdcard/device_files but it just shows a blank line & then prompts you to enter the next command.

Does that mean its empty? I have removed something which has messed up gesture search & voice search would like to get it back. Knew I shouldn't have started messing!

Hey PAMG - I tried again to root my phone and failed :(

Seems to be a constant problem with the gold card :mad:
    Are you still using the same card? That could be the issue. Get a cheap low capacity microsd from a reputable brand like Sandisk or kingston and try using that.

• Advertisement

partyatmygaff Basically I moved the apps I didn't want from the /system/app folder to /sdcard/device_files

I have the phone in recovert mode and using the adb in control panel but I can't get it to display a list of files in the /sdcard/device_files folder.

I have tried adb-windows shell ls /sdcard/device_files but it just shows a blank line & then prompts you to enter the next command.

Does that mean its empty? I have removed something which has messed up gesture search & voice search would like to get it back. Knew I shouldn't have started messing!
    If it's on your sdcard then why can't you just remove it using a file manager like Astro inside the OS?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Are you still using the same card? That could be the issue. Get a cheap low capacity microsd from a reputable brand like Sandisk or kingston and try using that.

Ya I bought a kingston 2gb and still no good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

If it's on your sdcard then why can't you just remove it using a file manager like Astro inside the OS?

Because thats to easy and obvious I forgot to do it! Just did it know and it comes up empty. Guess that means the files didn't backup.

Could anyone send me a list of .apk on the 2.2 rom to me please? Need to see what I deleted.

Advertisement