Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making it up as they go along...

Options
  • 10-07-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I've never posted here before so hope this works and would be grateful for realistic advice.

Yesterday I got an email that ruined my summer and I wasn't the only one. I do architecture in UL and apparently 7 others got the email as well. You see, this is been going on for nearly 3 weeks when our grades where blocked from being accessed. I'm finished with college but i was being notified that I had college fees to pay. After contacting the Fees Office I was one of the lucky ones to finally have access to my results. I wasn't initially happy with my D1 for my main module but I would gladly take that now over what I'm being offered.

Apparently, along with the other 7 (some of which who got slightly higher than I) we did not fulfill some criteria (12 bullet points that frankly are waffle and the same thing just worded differently) and now we are being given M grades instead (which are essentially holding grades and it is proposed we go back to college for the next six weeks and be re-examined again for a final grade.) This is supposedly an non-repeatable module but yet we are basically repeating it, even though we have passed it. How is this possible?? Can they do this??

We have to meet our lectures on Tuesday to begin the "invitation" the same day I had a Masters interview and now everything is up in the air because even if I am able to delay the interview, late August would surely be to late to be accepted by the college.

I have some comfort in the fact I'm not alone in this but it is ridiculous. Some of my classmates may have to leave their job and at such short notice. Please anyone with some academical advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Best advice I could give would be to call into the Education Officer in the SU. She had a thread here too http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055767345

But your best bet would be to call into her if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I suppose since you are the first year to graduate there is nothing to base this on. I'd be mental if I was you. Let us know what happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

did ye get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That course was a load of bollox. They didn't even have the classrooms available when it started in its first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frankgallagher

did this get sorted? didnt hear of any graduating over the past few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

No, ridiculous situation is still ongoing...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ULSU offered to raise this issue with the Vice President Academic and Registrar. There was a short window of opportunity for us to do this before the matter progressed. We were asked not to raise it with him when we met a number of weeks ago.

Advertisement