Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likestone?

Options
  • 10-07-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all.

My parents are thinking of getting fake stone on their house. They saw an ad for this crowd in waterford: www.likestone.ie. Apparently it's not relly stone - its just cement that is moulded and colored to look like stone.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about these guys or know if they have a good reputation? My parents are in a mid-sized 3-bed bungalow and they've been quoted 9 grand to cover the whole house! I don't want them to get fleeced by some cowboys!

Their brochure and website look good. They even have youtube videos describing the work involved. Then again, who knows?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Stick on stone always looks like stone that has been stuck on!
    I'd advise your parents to look at External insulation - it will increase the value of their home, improve the quality of their lives, reduce their heating bills and they can get a grant from SEI.

The installation of the insulation will require rendering - new external plaster. This could give the house a new, clean, fresh look.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 PaulyB63

There's a crowd in Mayo called Thin Stone... I could have the name wrong but they clad houses in real stone that's been cut to slightly thicker then tile depth so there's no loss of light around windows etc... It's real stone but thinner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Fernhill stone is the only one that looks somewhat natural. Google them.

Likestone is the most artificial looking of them all.

I used to be a stone mason :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 PaulyB63

http://thinstoneireland.ie/

That's the link to the crowd I was talking about...

Advertisement