Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chevron / CMSE course info required

Options
  • 09-07-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

First of all, not 100% certain this is correct section for my thread, please relocate if needs be!

I have been looking at courses on Chevron & also on CMSE with relation to Energy / Electrical related courses. Just wondering if anyone has completed such courses & how did they find them in terms of content etc? (see links below for course)

Also, do FAS assist in the funding of such courses as they are not cheap? Would appreciate any info or feedback on similar courses you may have completed!

Thanks,
    Mr Y

CMSE - Elec Eng Basics - http://www.cmse.ie/Elec_Eng_Basics-395.html
    &
    Chevron - Intro to Renew. Energy http://www.chevrontraining.ie/renewableenergycourses/index.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mick_r_21

At the moment im doing Energy and Environmental Engineering in Tallagh IT.A few lads in my class have done the BER cert and some home assesment courses with FAS and they found that there are to many people with the certs and not enough jobs.Also with this BER you need to pay a lump sum up front to practice it and then this becomes an annual fee. But it cant hurt tohave the cert.Always adds to the CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mick_r_21

Ive been on the chevron site meself and there very expensive.You may have to wait a while but FAS is cheaper.One of the lads in my class got FAS to pay 500,social welfare to pay 600 so he just had to pay 500 himself,which isnt bad for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Nice one for the reply Mick

TBH I should be doing a masters in sept & thinking that the Intro to Renew Energy Chevron course might provide a grounding for the college course..!

The course is approx €800 if i remember correctly! Yea, FAS should be willing to pay for some of it, but as you said its not exactly cheap! i saw another company do courses also but no certification once its complted so its pointless!

Chevron were meant to get back to me after i rang them, but no contact from them! If thats the way they operate I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere! Fas do not have such a course in my area currently so not sure what to do..

All the best with your course man..

Advertisement