Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamilton Library - temporary closure 19 July - 16 August 2010

Options
  • 09-07-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Just in case you missed this email from the Deputy Librarian -
    Dear Colleagues

We have just received the very good news that the Hamilton Library will be refurbished this summer.

The carpet will be replaced, the walls painted, the study desks and privacy dividers recovered and essential maintenance work completed.

To facilitate this refurbishment work we will be closing the Hamilton Library for a 4 week period from 19th July reopening the Library on Monday 16th August 2010.

We are keenly aware of students who may be sitting the Supplemental examinations, (scheduled from 30th August to 10th September), and also those carrying out research, and will be putting the following into place:

(1) Extended loan period - all undergraduate and postgraduate students
    will have their book borrowing period extended from 12th July 2010 to 13th September 2010.
    (2) Automatic Stack requests will be available for pick-up from the Iveagh
    Hall counter in the BLU Libraries complex.
    (3) Returned books can be dropped off at our book-returns boxes located
    outside the Hamilton Library or during opening hours at the Iveagh Hall counter in the BLU Libraries complex.

We would urge students who know they will be writing Supplemental examinations, or those carrying out research, to come in to the Hamilton Library by Saturday 17th July 2010 to collect the materials they will need.

If you have specific needs and would like to discuss these with one of our Hamilton Library staff please call 01-896-1805.

Thank you for your patience during this essential work. We will be excited about opening our newly refurbished Library.

If you have any questions or concerns please call 896-1459 or email arlene.healy@tcd.ie, alternately call me at 896-1652 or email Jessie.kurtz@tcd.ie

Kind regards

Jessie Kurtz
    Deputy Librarian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I was in there yesterday and two of the staff had the measuring tape out, they seemed to be paying a good bit of attention to those moving shelves. Are they finally going to get rid of them? I don't know if I've ever seen anyone use them, they seem like a bit of a waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Nice to see that a number of steps are being taken to try and accomodate anyone who may be sitting supplementals.

I hope they don't disconnect the few connection points in the library for the student wired network as they're not often used but when they are, they can be very helpful. I've had to use them to help fix issues with my wireless connection especially a couple of years ago when the wifi network played up on me. There may, just may, be some laptops without wireless cards too. There's no harm I would think in leaving a few ethernet sockets in use for students.

Revamping any of the fittings in the ham library is fine with me, given the sheer age of some graffitti I've seen if nothing else!

Advertisement