Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help (again)

Options
  • 09-07-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey people, I posted here a few weeks ago about a girl that I really liked, Well the jist of it was I didnt have any kind of a close relationship with this girl yet I was obsessed by her I suppose you can say. I think about her a lot during the day,I have added her on facebook via a dodgy account just so I can talk to her from time to time, and at the moment I am not sure if she has a bf or not and it really is annoying me.

I know I sound like a creep here but it's the truth this situation is really killing me. I was talking to her brother yesterday and he told me she was going to oxygen ever since I have been pissed off thinking she could meet another man there..

Anyway you said that you thought I was dealing with a thing called infactuation and it made a lot of sence to me. I have been working on trying to move on but it's just not working for me.

Anyway my question is do you think I need to see a counsellor or somthing?

I really have tried everything else to get my mind off her (even got a girl number and I have been talkin with her the last few weeks) I started walking,cycling and driving but at the end of the day I was end up thinking about her.

Comments

The first advice would be to get rid of the dodgy facebook account and anything else similar to that. If ever somehow you DID get a chance to be with this girl, or talk to her or anything... and then somehow THIS came out, she would likely get as far away from you as she can thinking you are a stalker.

Whatever else happens, and I am sure you are about to get a lot of people on here posting advice on how to approach her and everything, you NEED to start from a honest starting point, and the FB account is not a good honest starting point.

You are risking ruining your chances before they even begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Yes, I think from the information you have provided your behaviour is a little obsessive. Setting up a fake Facebook account so you can communicate with her is a little bit creepy and not at all healthy. If you are really interested in her why don't you ask her out and at least if she says no then you can move on? And if she says yes, then happy days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

I started walking,cycling and driving but at the end of the day I was end up thinking about her.

If you think about her everytime you move then yes, you have an unhealthy obsession with her...
    How old are you? I think you should just go out and try and get laid...that will take your mind off her..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yogy wrote: »
    I think you should just go out and try and get laid...that will take your mind off her..

I am only 19.I have been trying to get laid the last 6 months lol I am seriously like a f**ckin repellent for women. Anything I do just doesnt work out. I am so piss off i'm at the stage where I just can't be bothered looking for someone to go out with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I am only 19.I have been trying to get laid the last 6 months lol I am seriously like a f**ckin repellent for women.

Um, well if your sole intention is to "get laid" and then you are either blatant or underhand (fake Facebook accounts being an example) about it, is it any wonder you are having no success?

Why don't you take a different approach and get to know a woman first, be her friend, make her laugh, and then ask her out on a date? A woman who knows your sole purpose is to have sex and you don't care about the way you go about it, will avoid you like the plague.

Relax, change your approach, be respectful of women - THEN you will attract them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Um, well if your sole intention is to "get laid" and then you are either blatant or underhand (fake Facebook accounts being an example) about it, is it any wonder you are having no success?

Why don't you take a different approach and get to know a woman first, be her friend, make her laugh, and then ask her out on a date? A woman who knows your sole purpose is to have sex and you don't care about the way you go about it, will avoid you like the plague.

Relax, change your approach, be respectful of women - THEN you will attract them....

See my problem is I don't get a chance to speak with women that often. Anytime I have I have gotten on with them bery well. I don't have many girl friends and well girls I do get on with seem to be either in a relationship or either to young or to old. See the problem is the lads I hang around with are more college heads and even during the summer they will study and there lives revolve around college so u can imagine how hard it is to plan a night out with that lot. I would love nothing more than to go to a party or pub but i'd harldy be able to go on my own lol. Just seeing everyone else my age having sex and having a serious relationship really irratates me i'd even say i'd be very jealous..

Advertisement