Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers allowance-the wait

Options
  • 09-07-2010 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have been on jobseekers benefit for the past 9 months, and now it has expired, I have to now apply for jobseekers allowance which is means tested.

Ive gotten all the stuff they looking for, partners and my bank details for 6 months, partners recent payslips, letter from landlord comfirming how much rent we pay etc, sent it all in.

But since JB was cut off Im without money now for over 2 weeks, and despite partner working, we rely on the little bit extra I get on dole to get by considering the kids stuff, rent, bills, food, car tax, insurance and petrol etc, and at the moment we're struggling.

The state seem to have the attitude that aslong as one person is working full time you'll be alright, so the relieving officer wont even look at us, and now I reckon the electricity will be cut off in few days because we havent money to pay bill.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an answer for JA and how long it takes get money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I have been on jobseekers benefit for the past 9 months, and now it has expired, I have to now apply for jobseekers allowance which is means tested.

Ive gotten all the stuff they looking for, partners and my bank details for 6 months, partners recent payslips, letter from landlord comfirming how much rent we pay etc, sent it all in.

But since JB was cut off Im without money now for over 2 weeks, and despite partner working, we rely on the little bit extra I get on dole to get by considering the kids stuff, rent, bills, food, car tax, insurance and petrol etc, and at the moment we're struggling.

The state seem to have the attitude that aslong as one person is working full time you'll be alright, so the relieving officer wont even look at us, and now I reckon the electricity will be cut off in few days because we havent money to pay bill.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an answer for JA and how long it takes get money?

it can take up to 6-12 weeks all depends what part of the country you are living, with your JSB finished now brace yourself to be shocked with the final outcome of what money you get, if your partner is earning any half decent wage you will get very little, this is terrible system that they have when a couple are living together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Not trying to put the sh1t up ya but I had a 4 month wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

gustafo wrote: »
    it can take up to 6-12 weeks all depends what part of the country you are living, with your JSB finished now brace yourself to be shocked with the final outcome of what money you get, if your partner is earning any half decent wage you will get very little, this is terrible system that they have when a couple are living together

Thanks mate, I live in West Dublin at mo, missus gets approx 2 grand month but Im hoping the fact have two kids and we rent will work in my favor, remember living at home years ago was getting JA, got 100euro a week because both parents worked and owned our house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

dont worry about your esb bill they dont cut you off for missing one payment as long as you pay something off it each week they wont cut you off
    my partner was waiting 6 months for jsa CWO ended up having to give him money as we where so close to homelessness it was scary

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

If you are having trouble with bills and stuff i would suggest you approach MABS (http://www.mabs.ie/). They are an agency that help people budget, but they should also be able to give you advice in relation to paying your ESB bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 manic12

Hi,
    I am waiting 4 months for a review of JSA .I asked on the telephone and they said I was not on the list .I had to go to the counter and complain for a confirmation I was on the list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement