Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad timing,and confusion

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure what im hoping to get from this, not even sure if advice can be given or if im just ranting! basically in recent years i have set up emotiional blocks, never really got attatched to any women etc (im male) in the recent year or two, casual fun and a partial relationship, but my heart wasnt in it so ended it. I then met a girl six months ago. and have to say from the moment i met her i was blown away. she made my stomach jump and my nerves go in to over drive. now im not the shy type at all, on a night out i am the guy you will find who talks to anyone and everyone regardless. but this girl made me speachless. at first it was nice and casual but then it became more serious. the thing is i have fallen head over heals in love with her. its not a young love thing, or first love thing, have had that four years ago. this is something completely different. she was the best thing to happen to me.
    she is going away shortly but will be able to see each other once every three months for a while or maybe more due to her commitments.

Now the thing is i think she does feel the same for me, constant telling me she misses me etc when she isnt about for a few days. always ringing for a good nite chat when we arent staying together ( im 24 she is 21)

im just not to sure should i tell her before she leaves that she has stolen my heart completly and that im after falling for her in every way. Im tryin to think of the situation logically. i dont want to hold her back yet i dont want to lose her! im just a mess over it, and i never get stressed.

i might add that we always knew that she was going on this break and that initially we decided to keep it casual with no ties, but unfortunately for both of us the emotional side has come into play much more that anticipated. our casual relationship ended up with us staying together four to five nights a week, and chlling out together just as much doing couply stuff even though we are not exclusively bofriend and girlfriend, as descibed earlier this is as a result of earlier decisions between us!!

why cant life just be simple and straight forward. She is my dream girl, as in even my friends were saying it that we are perfect together, and how it was a little eery that i found a girl that matched what i would have had written exactly on paper haha.

oh the joys of leaving your heart get in the way. and my emotional block was working so well, she was like a demolition crew on it!! haha

sorry about the long rant! had to just get it off my chest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

If she's caught up that much with you, you should probably tell her. You don't have to go mad gushy and just let everything spill out at once but letting her know that you care about her a lot.

It's probably better if it does turn out bad to swing and miss than to be fawning over her and aching over her (which makes it worse if you feel you had something to tell her and never did) because you kept your mouth shut.

Personally i don't think long distance relationships work and if they do they're strained but it doesn't mean you can't tell the other person how you feel.

Either you change your schedules that allow you to be together or you get over her healthily. Either way win win.

Advertisement