Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just what to do

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey peoples,

Have a problem that i would like advice on and would love a womens perspective on this aswell.

Me and my gf of 4 yrs broke up a few months ago we were together since we were in school anyways crap happens and i moved on. Two months or so on there was this girl in work that i was mad about and decided i would ask her out on a date, now this was the first girl i have ever asked out before and took me a god awful amount of courage to do it, it was really hard for me to do, anyways she said that sorry that she was seeing someone at the moment i said cool i hope it works out for you and moved on.
    I think she liked the fact that i was so calm bout it and didnt let it be awkward at all cause since then she would actually chat alot more and have the odd conversation with me, by alot more i mean once or twice a week cause only work there part time and wouldnt see her much.
    Anyway i think she aint seeing that person anymore i think not 100% sure, she has also in the last week and alot more chatty and one or two things have happened where i know she has been finding out bout me cant really explain what but she has been looking things up about me. Should i

Just flat out ask her if she still seeing this guy and if not would like to go on a date?
    Or just leave it and move on?

Now to ask her again would take alot of courage i feel as she was the first time i ever asked a girl and she said she was taken which i consider a no. Also would i run the risk of her thinking im desperate if i did ask her again, what do girls think in situations like this. I really dont want her to think that bout me as im not at all i just find her really good looking and just a really sound girl and would like to take her out sometime.

Thanks for reading
    Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

perhaps you can go to an office outing that she will be at, and see if she responds to your attentions?

IE not a 1 on 1 ... to start with.

You could organise such an outing if there is not one in the offing.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

she has also in the last week and alot more chatty and one or two things have happened where i know she has been finding out bout me cant really explain what but she has been looking things up about me.

How do you mean? Has she been asking questions about you, what do you mean by her looking things up about you?

I see no harm in asking her how it's going with her BF. Make a light-hearted joke about it saying that you're just looking for your chance to ask her on a date again ;) Sounds like you get on well and that there is a bit of banter so by asking her how it is going with the BF you are not asking her out again directly until she gives you an answer.

I think you sound very sweet by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey this is the op here thanks for the replies, dunno if an office thing would work cause its actually a call centre and couple of hundred people work there could look into it though.

Bout the thing her looking into me as said i really cant go into any detail as it will kind of reveal where i work and dont want that to happen sorry but i know she has looked anyway, good idea i suppose i could ask her how things are going with the bf and hopefully will get a good responce thanks for that idea.

So do ye think that im not acting a bit stalkerish at all? cause i really dont want her to thing that

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

The fact that she has looked you up (I assume on some kind of internal system) is probably good sign tbh :) If she was looking you up and avoiding you like the plague it would be a different story but the fact you get on well, have the chats and she has looked you up means you have aroused her curiousity.

Of course it is not stalkerish. Sounds like you may be in with a chance, and asking her how it is going with BF means that you will know once and for all.

Good luck, let us know how you get on:)

Advertisement