Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC on mac [moved from mobiles]

Options
  • 08-07-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

weighing up either the ip4 or htc desire.
    anyone using an htc on a mac as i know htc dont have mac software.
    if so how do you find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

hi op, i've moved your thread here to the android sub forum. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Well I don't actually have a Mac but the only use that i've ever had for their software (HTC Sync) was to sync with Outlook. Considering that that's not even available on a Mac i'd say anything HTC is a pretty safe choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

Random wrote: »
    hi op, i've moved your thread here to the android sub forum. thanks

sorry, did not realise there was an android section

only used to itunes with itouch.

what about software fixes, downloading of apps/ widgets etc, how do you go about with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I haven't found a need to install the HTC sync software on windows nevermind on my MAC.
    I suppose once I start writing apps for it I may, but everything syncs through the Google cloud for day to day things and the market for app installs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

nereid wrote: »
    I haven't found a need to install the HTC sync software on windows nevermind on my MAC.
    I suppose once I start writing apps for it I may, but everything syncs through the Google cloud for day to day things and the market for app installs.
    You won't ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You won't ;)

:D

You are of course correct, but the reason I went for the Desire above the iP4 was that I _could_ if I wanted to (being a java developer) - despite being a mac user (haven't bothered with mac c development)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

You can get doubletwist - but there is no need tbh.

Advertisement