Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what happened in Balbriggan today?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I was down the town, and the stentch, smell of something leaking down the road was UNBEARABLE!!!
    Im not sure what it was but would love to know.thanks,cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

cathy01 wrote: »
    I was down the town, and the stentch, smell of something leaking down the road was UNBEARABLE!!!
    Im not sure what it was but would love to know.thanks,cathy

i dont know but i was walking up from train station around 6pm and found the smell dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Barnageeragh beach has been stinking for the past few weeks. What direction was the wind today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Was it at the Chinese restaurant, down the lane towards the beach?

They pulled the greasetrap out a few months ago and left the door open the smell was just incredible. It carried the whole way up the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No, the ground was covered in something wet and gooie.Yackkk
    Im not sure why .It started around the FLC chipper, and ran down the road,towards the central??

That is the roughly the same place where I got the smell too Cathy, at first I thought had I stepped in some dog dirt but checked my shoes and nothing.

No sign of the smell this morning,

• Advertisement

Glad to hear it is gone.Thanks,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Yesterday beside Bennys/FLC takeaway there was a truck pumping out the drains. I seen this the other day aswell. Maybe that had something to do with the smell

well ,i did smell like pooh.
    explains it so.Thanks,cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

isn't that the norm on the stinking northside?

hey,thats not nice.

• Advertisement

turbobaby - do not troll here & insult the local posters. Another comment like that you'll be taking a little holiday.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

All this holiday talk makin me wish i was back on mine.

drove from rush to balbriggan today.... had the windows open and i have to say there are some very questionable aromas around. i wonder if its fertilizing season or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Martron wrote: »

drove from rush to balbriggan today.... had the windows open and i have to say there are some very questionable aromas around. i wonder if its fertilizing season or something.

Warm weather may be causing algae/seaweed to decay on the beaches. Booterstown was particularly aromatic a few weeks ago.

No , i think it was something to do with a drain.I get used to the smell of the sea and seaweed.thanks for replying,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Martron wrote: »

That smell is there pretty much all year round at Barnegeera as you go around the bend. I think there is sewage works or something like that. Although, when the weather is nice it gets a lot stronger :(

oh there, yes.My 7 year old calls it the Farting sea!!!!
    Really bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

cathy01 wrote: »
    oh there, yes.My 7 year old calls it the Farting sea!!!!
    Really bad smell.

my two year old asked did i fart as we drove past that bend the other day, and i remember thinking about the nice house thet somebody is building/renovating there and how you couldnt pay me to live near such a constant stench

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

my two year old asked did i fart as we drove past that bend the other day, and i remember thinking about the nice house thet somebody is building/renovating there and how you couldnt pay me to live near such a constant stench

They spent 9 million on that house too, think they could afford to get someone to get rid of the smell too :p

9 MILLION.:eek: Really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

who is "they" ? The house looks out of this world.

• Advertisement

wow spending 9 million on a house, I can see it from the train and it does look fab though

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Nearly sure that the site with the former house on it sold for well in excess of €2m in 2007 - lovely design, I'm envious of whoever lives there and fair play to them ;)

Back on topic please. Thanks.

HB

Advertisement