Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Route to Giraffe Childcare from Sorrel Dale

Options
  • 08-07-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

We just moved in Sorrel dale and I will have to walk to Giraffe Creche with my toddler everyday next week onwards , have seen the open railing and was wondering if i can use those through Limelawn etc to avoid walking up the snugborrowgh road and then turn left from there towards Station Court ?
    SO basically is there a shorter way to get to the Giraffe Creche through the estates ?
    Thank You all very much.

*** Dint real want to waste few KBs for a silly query like this. But exhausted all my other option in vain :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Only way to be sure is to walk it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LadyBird2009

Agree thaedydal. wasnt in dublin when posted the question. and had decide whether its walkable at all/or to buy a car .
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Agree thaedydal. wasnt in dublin when posted the question. and had decide whether its walkable at all/or to buy a car .
    thanks.
    Even if the Limelawn shortcut was not available the trip is very walkable - it looks like it is about 1.7km, which should be doable in 25 mins.

If you have a bike the child might go in a bike seat (<15kg or maybe 20kg) for a quicker journey. (I regularly cycle around the area with my 2 1/2 yr old on the back of my bike and it is a nice fast way to go)

Thanks daymobrew , I manage dto do a few walks around and found a route which takes me just about 15 minutes.
    SO basically i think the shortest walk was through the LimeLawn estate and then through St Mochta's estate.
    But with my two tiny tots the walk is not a great option i reckon, it lashed on us everyday we ventured out and both of them caught a real bad cold.
    SO i guess i have to explore other options now :(

it lashed on us everyday we ventured out and both of them caught a real bad cold.
    SO i guess i have to explore other options now :(
    You got very unlucky as it doesn't rain every day. What about a buggy, raincoats, umbrella?

I think that buying a car is a massive expense. Walking gives you 30mins of 'free' exercise ('free' because it is incorporated into your day and you don't have to go out of your way to do it - I used to get 80mins a day 'free' exercise when I cycled to work).

• Advertisement

Not only the massive expense daymobrew, i hate driving ( dont have a car) and enjoyed my "walk-to-work" last 5 years in dublin , come rain or sunshine !
    But now i will be working in Ballycoolin and the tiny tots will go to creche. Yes i have a double buggy and walk to giraffe and then take a bus or something to ballycoolin is just dont seem achievable at this point , espeially because i will have to rach work before 8 am :(
    so i have to buy a car some point in time soon and until then taxi for a daily run :(:(
    Is there any fixed price arrangements for taxis if one needs them for daily ? Called D15 taxi etc but they just go by the meter. I am scared to even think how much will it cost me :(

Not only the massive expense daymobrew, i hate driving ( dont have a car) and enjoyed my "walk-to-work" last 5 years in dublin , come rain or sunshine !
    Could you get a bike and child trailer through a bike to work scheme?
    A trailer will carry 2 children and protect them from the rain.
    Maybe you could leave the trailer at the creche and cycle to Ballycoolin (I know it's uphill from Clonsilla but it's a nice downhill on the way home).

Aside: I use a child seat on my bike because he is less than 15kg and we only have one child (and my wife felt that a trailer was unsafe, despite tests that say otherwise). A trailer would be a pain at swing gates.

Advertisement