Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalker Cat

Options
  • 08-07-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, There is a cat that likes to sleep on the roof of our shed, looks a bit run down but apparently the owner is a nearby neighbour. I gave it some milk mixed with water. The cat keeps coming back now, which I guess is to be expected but I don't mind. Thing is, after I give it a drink, he hangs around the garden staring in through the glass door for hours. He was there for ages last night, just sitting there looking in. I had to draw the blinds as he was creeping me out a little :)

Why is he doing this after he gets his drink?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Tenzing wrote: »
    Hi, There is a cat that likes to sleep on the roof of our shed, looks a bit run down but apparently the owner is a nearby neighbour. I gave it some milk mixed with water. The cat keeps coming back now, which I guess is to be expected but I don't mind. Thing is, after I give it a drink, he hangs around the garden staring in through the glass door for hours. He was there for ages last night, just sitting there looking in. I had to draw the blinds as he was creeping me out a little :)

Why is he doing this after he gets his drink?

Cos he's looking for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

It could just be looking for company. We have an outdoor cat at home who sits outside in the window or outside the patio door for the evening even after being fed/watered etc. She likes being around people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

He wants to eat you :p

Maybe he's hungry or just wants some company?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tenzing

Eat me? Now I know why I was never a cat person :)

If he was hungry, would he stay there for hours :confused: I thought cats go off and hunt.

Not sure if I want to let him into the house as he is a bit mangey and not my cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

Most cats would go off and hunt but if this one is used to being fed at its own place it might not so much. You dont have to let it in or anything. Ours is an outdoor cat because someone in our house is allergic to cats. Its probably sits there partly because it likes the fact that you are around, cats do like some company even if its not in your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I've been suckered into taking on stray cats when they do this. Despite their reputations for being aloof, I do think cats love company and it probably knows you are a nice person since you give it milk and it now wants to be your pal.

You will never get rid of him if you let him in! :D So if you really don't want to befriend him, you should stop feeding him and don't let him in. If you're like me however, you'll feel too guilty to do this and you'll end up with a cat pal jumping in open windows and making himself at home.

If you're worried about catching something from him, you could always buy the "spot on" flea/mite treatment things and put some on him when he comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

If he is mangey then the owners probably don't look after him well, so he's probably really hungry. He mightn't be a good hunter. If you feel sorry for him and want to feed him then do (if you really feel sorry you could treat him with a spot on flea treatment :)) but he will stick around more if you feed him.

But if his owners feed him too then he'll go back there too. One of my neighbours feeds one of my cats but he still comes back here for most of the day.

Advertisement