Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to notify insurance before traveling abroad?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm insured with stuart and was just wondering if I need to contact them before going to France?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

IIRC your insurance is with Hibernian / Aviva with Stuarts as the broker.

I know that for cars, legally insurance policies must automatically provide 3rd-party cover for EU countries. I'm not sure if this applies to campervans.

Either give Stuarts a ring or read your policy document.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Stuarts cover for all of europe on camper insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Yes you should. We are insured through Stuarts and give them the dates of travel each time we leave the country. I think it actually says it in the policy that you should tell them when you are leaving the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

is it the same for Dolmen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Dolmen scheme allows travel in Europe as standard. No need to notify them for an average trip. Details would be on your policy document.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

If you are going up North do you need to notify them of that as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭2yung2adm

Just took out insurance with Stuarts and no need to let them know when going abroad. Just make sure you have the Bail bond for Spain and the green card for eastern Europe.

Advertisement