Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A very bad day in the world of retro.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Boo! Once was bad enough :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CryingGirl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

yea, hope that duct tape will hold up well, if not sure its just the rest of my collection destroyed, is this guy for real?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Probably just me but I've zero sympathy for the chap, keeping his valued collection of retro gear in a leaky shed?? Idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

That guy is a plonker for keeping his stuff in the shed.

I still felt a little sick seeing all that damage though.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    That guy is a plonker for keeping his stuff in the shed.

I still felt a little sick seeing all that damage though.

Exactly, but watching the video, I just kept thinking if it was me :( Its like a retro video nasty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's like the morning I woke up and found that during the night I covered my N64 boxes in Absinthe scented vomit except x1000000

I don't believe I've heard that one...enlighten me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

So that's what caused the disturbance I felt in the force.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    I don't believe I've heard that one...enlighten me :D

Was necking absinthe with my brother straight out of the bottle and got absolutely mouldy drunk. Was going to bed and my brother decided it would be hilarious to knock over all my games I had neatlystackedand organised in my room. Spent ages trying to put them back but I was so drunk I kept knocking them over. Woke up the next morning lying on a pile of games and my N64 cardboard boxes covered in sick.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was necking absinthe with my brother straight out of the bottle and got absolutely mouldy drunk. Was going to bed and my brother decided it would be hilarious to knock over all my games I had neatlystackedand organised in my room. Spent ages trying to put them back but I was so drunk I kept knocking them over. Woke up the next morning lying on a pile of games and my N64 cardboard boxes covered in sick.

Nice man, dont bring any N64 games to the next beers ok? :P

It was only the cardboard boxes,had to throw them out. Thankfully the games had been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,692 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Absinthe vomit & cardboard does not a happy mix make.

I'd imagine it was a horrible green paste.

Eugh! Stay the hell away from my games!!

Ya know, it amazes me sometimes how a thread devoted to finding the retro holy grail, can quickly turn into a thread containing mention of thick, green, pasty vomit :D

Speaking of grails, on a completely un-retro note - I've just realised the Outer Limits (New Series) has been realeased to DVD!!!! So many years with only Season 1, and now another 6 seasons on the way :D Happyness knows no bounds!

Any other 90's TV lovers here? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ya know, it amazes me sometimes how a thread devoted to finding the retro holy grail, can quickly turn into a thread containing mention of thick, green, pasty vomit :D

Speaking of grails, on a completely un-retro note - I've just realised the Outer Limits (New Series) has been realeased to DVD!!!! So many years with only Season 1, and now another 6 seasons on the way :D Happyness knows no bounds!

Any other 90's TV lovers here? :p

Banned!:D

Master of the Universe

Excellent! So many episodes of the Outer Limits freaked me out when I was a kid. I'll most definitely be picking that up.

On the subject of 90s tv,
    one thing I really really wish would get some sort of DVD release is Gamesmaster. It's beyond stupid that it hasn't been yet.

I have a couple of series on my PC, but that just won't do!

Banned!:D

Ah you don't know what your missing man, episodic tv at its finest! :cool::D
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Excellent! So many episodes of the Outer Limits freaked me out when I was a kid. I'll most definitely be picking that up.

On the subject of 90s tv,
    one thing I really really wish would get some sort of DVD release is Gamesmaster. It's beyond stupid that it hasn't been yet.

I have a couple of series on my PC, but that just won't do!

Ah gamesmaster - more 90's brilliance. Whats it like watching it today? Is the charm still there, or is it like a now like a retro version of Dallas? :D:D

Master of the Universe

It's corny and dated, but still a lot of fun to watch. Great seeing kids in early 90s style clothing getting all excited about NES and Megadrive games. Patrick Moore giving out gaming advise is as weird now as it was back then!

It's also hilarious to see how Domanik Diamond progressed from being a squeaky clean geeky looking presenter in a red jacket to what he is today. I really wish he still did games shows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Getting back to the OP of this thread, that is to say vomit, I have more stories about the subject of vomit, none of which you'd believe and several could get me fired, so let's just leave it there.

The smell of bile on a hot radiator is probably the one smell that turns my stomach however, otherwise nothing that leaks from the average human has an effect, nice!

• Advertisement

I must take a look on the tube and see what its like :)

My most vivid memory of Gamesmaster is Moore telling some kid how to retrieve the book of Mudora from the library in the vilage (Zelda 3) :D Ah times were simpler then.

The episode of Red Dwarf called Justice was filmed on the Gamesmaster oil rig set by the looks of it too...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Getting back to the OP of this thread, that is to say vomit, I have more stories about the subject of vomit, none of which you'd believe and several could get me fired, so let's just leave it there.

The smell of bile on a hot radiator is probably the one smell that turns my stomach however, otherwise nothing that leaks from the average human has an effect, nice!

Sounds like you and retro should be the mods of the upcoming Vomit & Bile forum* :D

*Actual forum may not exist/be planned in any way

Master of the Universe

I must take a look on the tube and see what its like :)

It's suprisingly hard to come across. I know there's a dedicated website that has some hosted on it. But to get to the download section you have to be an active forum member. If you're going to the beers I can bring along some episodes on a disc if you want?
    My most vivid memory of Gamesmaster is Moore telling some kid how to retrieve the book of Mudora from the library in the vilage (Zelda 3) :D Ah times were simpler then.

I remember the first time I saw that book in the library.

Spent ages running around trying to figure out how the hell to get it down. Thought I was a genius when I finally figured it out. Simpler times indeed!
    The episode of Red Dwarf called Justice was filmed on the Gamesmaster oil rig set by the looks of it too...

You really do love your 90s Sci Fi, dont you?

I really do :P X-Files, Outer Limits, Red Dwarf etc etc = TV bliss

TV these days doesnt do much for me at all. Really loved LOST & only recently got into Stargate, watching all of SGU on Sky.

Just showed a clip of Gamesmaster season2 there to the young lad;

Young Lad - "That looks deadly, I wish that show was still out"
    Older Lad - "Yeah I loved it when I was younger, its from 1992"
    Young Lad - "1992!? So all those people are dead now??"
    Older Lad - "No"
    Young Lad - "Grannies?"

I despair sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

o1s1n wrote: »

It's also hilarious to see how Domanik Diamond progressed from being a squeaky clean geeky looking presenter in a red jacket to what he is today. I really wish he still did games shows.

Ah he was still a bit of a cheeky f*cker back then. A lot of his double entendres would go over the heads of the kids though.

I'm not sure if I'm correct but I seem to remember that the oil rig set was actually used as a set of Aliens and was an old abandoned power station?
    Ah he was still a bit of a cheeky f*cker back then. A lot of his double entendres would go over the heads of the kids though.

I watched a few clips of it on youtube, can't believe he got away with some of the stuff he said on a kids program, it was straight over my head when I was younger. There was the entire final episode up on youtube where they showed clips from previous episodes. There's one were Zoe Ball is playing Manx TT on an arcade machine. Before she gets on Dominik tells her to get her leg over when she is getting on the motorbike and while she is playing she gets over taken on the inside by two CPU characters. Dominik shouts out 'Oh my god, two men have just come inside zoe ball!'.

Advertisement