Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Activation Issue on Satellite

Options
  • 07-07-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Just subscribed to them, I don't have a Sky card, so they said that wouldn't be an issue - they would supply it....

I then took out a years subscription and today the card came - I rang them and they said the signal would talk up to an hour to activate the card.

It of course didn't - I called them back & the sent it again and it didn't succeed.....

They then said then its a Sky problem:eek: - I called Sky who have no idea what I'm on about or who I am.....

Anyone experienced this bs??

Cheers in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Viva Espania ! Manc, this is Setantas problem, pure & simple. But they are right bastards when a problem like this crops up.Keep hounding them. By the way why a full years sub?. I thought they only insisted on a minimum of 2 months. Did you get any special deal for committing to 12 months? I have them for 5 yoyos a month since February. And I'm certainly not going to pay 17 yoyos from August!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Harry.c

Hi Manc,

I had Setanta for 2 years, got rid of that sky ****e 4 years ago, I was still using the old card for setanta, when sky changed the cards, that was when all the fun started, going on for 3 months now and still no setanta, said they would send new card, get sky to send a new card, then said it was sky,s problem, rang them, like u they didnt want to know as i wasn,t with them!!

A total wast of time and now am left with no choice but to cancel even if it is only 5 uro a month, no card no viewing!

They told me that they have an agreement with sky to send out new cards to setanta customers and setanta pay them 20 pounds for each card, but sky are such greedy b..s.
    That they want all for themselves.

that cant be allowed to happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Just subscribed to them, I don't have a Sky card, so they said that wouldn't be an issue - they would supply it....

It of course didn't - I called them back & the sent it again and it didn't succeed.....

Anyone experienced this bs??

Cheers in advance
    Did you activate the card in a Sky digibox or a different receiver ?
    It must be activated in a Sky box .
    Setanta have activated cards for me before no bother ,they get the card number and send the activation signal over the air via Sky.
    They even sent me out a new card when my old one went wonky ,no problems at all.
    Harry.C you should ring Setanta up and tell them that you need a new viewing card asap and then get them to activate it.Any new White card will do even a Freesat card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Zardoz wrote: »
    Setanta have activated cards for me before no bother ,they get the card number and send the activation signal over the air via Sky.

Trying to activate in a Sky Box thats working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

What is on Setanta that is worth subscribing for anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

A few premiership games i suppose, fixtures announced for August to Nov next here
    - http://www.setanta.com/ie/Our-Sports/Football/Barclays-Premier-League/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A few premiership games i suppose, fixtures announced for August to Nov next here
    - http://www.setanta.com/ie/Our-Sports/Football/Barclays-Premier-League/

I see where Manc-Red is coming from now. The Mancs are in 5 of the first 11 games being shown by Setanta:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Zardoz wrote: »
    They even sent me out a new card when my old one went wonky ,no problems at all.
    Harry.C you should ring Setanta up and tell them that you need a new viewing card asap and then get them to activate it.Any new White card will do even a Freesat card.

A freesat card will not do as that will be a UK card,therefore Setanta won't work on it for the 3pm matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Setanta must be gutted that Liverpool are in the Europa League

Update - It looks as though Sky on behalf of Setanta have sent me a UK EPG Card in error & have agreed to send me a new one....

Lets hope they sort it.

Anyone ever got a card specifically for Setanta only on here?

• Advertisement

Someone did after a lot of hassle. Can't remember who it was though.

Did you get any special deal for committing to 12 months? I have them for 5 yoyos a month since February. And I'm certainly not going to pay 17 yoyos from August!

Got 2 months free m8 - Probably take that long before I can view it lol

Sky did that to me also . It wasnt untill i noticed there was no RTE .

New card came today & activated in seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mike tv . sports

in fact they have the liverpool game on thurs night v trasbanspor.
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Setanta must be gutted that Liverpool are in the Europa League

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

are you using the card in a sky box Manc or in another receiver?also how much are you paying for a years sub?

glic83 wrote: »
    are you using the card in a sky box Manc or in another receiver?

2nd Sky Box upstairs no problemo

169 for the year.

rang today to see about this the want 14.99 for an activation fee is this correct and its 16.99 per month after that

rang today to see about this the want 14.99 for an activation fee is this correct and its 16.99 per month after that

I paid straight out for a year and they waved the activation fee, if paying monthly and ye get stung.

Do they allow you to pay an annual sub at a discounted price?

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Do they allow you to pay an annual sub at a discounted price?

I'm not sure but I've never came across anyone doing it

i dont want to pay out for the year will only be for the football season really m8,if i do ring them i might chance my arm and tell them im cancelling and see if i can get a good offer off them

i dont want to pay out for the year will only be for the football season really m8,if i do ring them i might chance my arm and tell them im cancelling and see if i can get a good offer off them

They will sort you out m8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

rang today to cancel. wasnt offered anything. he just said sure I dont want to cancel with all the manutd games coming up. i said yes as I am usually not there on a saturday. end of conversation and cancellation complete....

did u ring the cork number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

rang setantas own call centre in newry. 0818203040

strange normally they usually offer you something,can you downgrade your setanta package via the sky uk number?

strange normally they usually offer you something,can you downgrade your setanta package via the sky uk number?

Sky do not handle Setanta queries. Only Setanta themselves do.

thought as much

• Advertisement
Advertisement