Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wii & No More Heroes II

Options
  • 07-07-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey guys, got a quick question,
    i recently got my hands on no more heroes 2 for the Wii in Gamestop and when i got it home and tried to play it i found it was VERY blurry, the game is almost unplayable, it wrecks my eyes and its annoying as hell!

i have a HDTV and have tried connecting it via the Component Cable and the Component to SCART and it barely makes a difference. Can anyone tell me what i need to fix this or is there a trick to it>

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are you using component or composite? Composite is the red, yellow and white cables. Component is the 5 cables red, green, blue, red and white. If you are using composite then that's your problem. composite is the worst type of connection you can get and everything will look terrible through it. Connecting it to the scart socket won't help since it's still a composite cable and not a true RGB scart connector. If you want a non blurry screen buy a component cable and set your Wii to display in EDTV 480p.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

ah its a composite cable i'm using so, always called those component. Well thats the standard one that came with the Wii so figured everything would work on it.
    Not sure were to pick up those cables though. I know one company that did make it dont anymore and its impossible to find. Havent had a chance to go into Gamestop to see if they have any. Seems stupid you cant play a standard game with the standard cables they give you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS3 comes with the same cables as well. They are packed in because they are cheap and gauranteed to work with any TV even thought the picture quality is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Edg3 wrote: »
    Not sure were to pick up those cables though. I know one company that did make it dont anymore and its impossible to find. Havent had a chance to go into Gamestop to see if they have any. Seems stupid you cant play a standard game with the standard cables they give you.

Game own brand ones do the job nicely, pretty much any Game shop should have them. It still looks like poo mind you, just a less blurry bit of poo...

Actually third party cables would be better than the official nintendo ones that seem to be made very cheaply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement