Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invasion Cork

Options
  • 07-07-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey All,

Delighted to announce that Invasion will be coming to Cork this September 11th+12th,

We have a great program lined up and as always we'll be popping by boards to answer any questions you have and maybe a prize or two.

For now you can get all the info you need here or just ask away :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Invasion Dublin

Just a friendly reminder that Invasion Cork takes place this weekend at the Arc Arena in Cork.

The latest coup is that Matthew Wood will be appearing.
    Matthew Wood has worked for Lucasfilm for 20 years. Behind the scenes, he is a Supervising Sound Editor for Skywalker Sound. He has supervised the sound editing of all the Star Wars prequels as well as the remastering of the original Star Wars trilogy. His sound work has earned him Golden Reels (Titan A.E., The Clone Wars) and two Academy Award nominations (There Will Be Blood, Wall*E). He is also seen in front of the camera acting as Bib Fortuna and Ody Mandrell in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, and as the voices of Magaloof and Seboca in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and General Grievous in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. He is currently voicing multiple characters (General Grievous, all of the Battle Droids, Wat Tambor, Poggle the Lesser, and more!) for Star Wars: The Clone Wars on The Cartoon Network.

Tickets available on the door or on Tickets.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'll be there, can't wait to meet the cast members. I don't really know how much money to bring. Maybe none, to avoid being tempted by loads of merchandise!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Really looking forward to it. Last March in Dublin my 4 year old son surprised us when we saw how much he loved collecting 'autographs' from the costumed characters. And I'd been thinking "This is a silly idea..."

Running about, programme and pen in hand. It's actually a memory I treasure. Jonny holding up the book and biro to a Stormtrooper!

Everytime he takes the programme out now, it's always opened on the autographs page.

John
    Star Wars Age 9 . com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

johnnyivan wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it. Last March in Dublin my 4 year old son surprised us when we saw how much he loved collecting 'autographs' from the costumed characters. And I'd been thinking "This is a silly idea..."

Running about, programme and pen in hand. It's actually a memory I treasure. Jonny holding up the book and biro to a Stormtrooper!

Everytime he takes the programme out now, it's always opened on the autographs page.

Was there no charge for autographs?

Hi Justin, no these were just the costumed characters. Stormtroopers etc.. who are walking around. I thought "but they're just ordinary people in outfits - not th cast" but Johnny loved collecting their 'signatures'.

John
    Star Wars Age 9 . com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

johnnyivan wrote: »
    Hi Justin, no these were just the costumed characters. Stormtroopers etc.. who are walking around. I thought "but they're just ordinary people in outfits - not th cast" but Johnny loved collecting their 'signatures'.

John
    Star Wars Age 9 . com

Oh, right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I've seen loads of posters for this, what exactly is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I was at this earlier today, it was cool. I got everyone's autograph. Poor Kenny Baker looks a little worse for wear, but he seemed nice. I chatted to Matthew Wood (General Grievous) and Kenneth Colley (Admiral Piett) for a while, they were really sound. Matthew Wood shared a number of interesting anecdotes, I felt bad for those in the increasing queue behind me!

Glad you enjoyed it! I was dead impressed with Jeremy Bulloch. He's a lovely fellow altogether.

Jeremy and Ken Colley (Piett) signed my home-made ESB comic adaptation that I did when I was about 12 or 13. If I'd known then... in that wee village in Kildare...

John
    Star Wars Age 9 . com

Advertisement