Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallop saddle any good

Options
  • 07-07-2010 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

i was wondering has any used gallop saddle i am serious low buget need to know is it a good saddle to buy for 100 euros or cheap brand saddle good enough quality.the like Jeffreys saddle or anky saddle to me is buying the hope diamond just can,t afford it

like this one

http://www.essentiallyequestrian.ie/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=318&osCsid=5622dd18026729a59386aaa81c55801a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

hi-i have a gallop saddle that i bought last year. I also was on a budget. I still have it and its been ok so far. It depends on what you are used to i guess. I havent had anything else so dont know what I'm missing out on! Lots of people say they are crap but as long as it fits you and your horse then its an ok saddle to start off with. There are a few marks on it as the leather is imported leather so not English but for me it does the job. I only ride a few times a week and dont do competitions but i am saving up for a better one But also you can pick up a very good quality second hand saddle for about 150-300 euros thats been well worn in but good brands. Stubben etc
    You can PM me if you want me to send you on some saddle contacts for second hand ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 IrishGreenSheep

Well if their jodhpurs are anything to go by I'd say they are not great! I have heard awful reports about their tack too. Yes it is cheap but it won't last that long. I agree with paddlepop, I think you might be better off getting a good quality second hand saddle, it would save you a lot of money in the long run :)

Advertisement