Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greyhound question.

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

on an evening dog meeting what kind of bets would be accepted in a high street shop without causing any attention, like could you have 250 on a 6/1 shot and can you back at first show in all bookies? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭chats

who's the dog!? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Hope it's not Harolds Cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭jacool

Laddies go early prices on some BAGS action and might accommodate you. 250 though might get them on the blower, and then they'll offer you 50 at 3/1 or something. I'd lay you those odds though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

not a chance of 250 at 6/1 I have been there tried taking first show usually get knocked back to sp. also depends on the track Sheffield , crayford oxford hove and sittingbourne are well known about . I use to get these dogs myself but as I had to gurantee 100 for someone else it wasn't worth it. paddy power were probably the best use to get a deuce regularly but after a few winners your out the door. be careful with the dogs there's a lot of bad info going about always check betfair when backing a dog generally speaking it should be shorter on there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Depends on the track . What and where you can get on . If its ante post or one race etc. I moderate the betting board on greyhoundscene and there is value to be had in the dogs ante post markets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement