Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Game!

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

New game here lads

http://www.directorofrugby.com/index.html

Looks good, real clubs, real players, you can buy and sell, you can have up to 3 teams.

Bad news though you have to pay before getting a look at anything (£10) and there's no interaction with other managers.

More detail in setting up teams and less training then BR that i can see at minute anyway.

My first match is against Aironi in the magners league on saturday week (everything is up to date, italians in magners, even sam tuitopa with munster).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

New game here lads

Looks good, real clubs, real players, you can buy and sell, you can have up to 3 teams.

Bad news though you have to pay before getting a look at anything (£10) and there's no interaction with other managers.

More detail in setting up teams and less training then BR that i can see at minute anyway.

My first match is against Aironi in the magners league on saturday week (everything is up to date, italians in magners, even sam tuitopa with munster).

In fairness, I think the developers have made a mistake there. at least give a 2 week free trial at the start or something. They will struggle to get significant numbers to part with cash before seeing much of the product. That said, I just did. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

crisco10 wrote: »
    In fairness, I think the developers have made a mistake there. at least give a 2 week free trial at the start or something. They will struggle to get significant numbers to part with cash before seeing much of the product. That said, I just did. lol

Ya seeing that it was only a tenner i thought feck it, why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Have looked at this before but wasn't willing to pay before play, would love to see some screenshots! have applied for 10 free accounts via the business card thingy so will see if I get any to my made up company

It looks decent so far but gonna have to wait few weeks til start playing games before can fully say how good or bad it it.

I got Leicester, Clermont and Wasps in my H-cup group....crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

New game here lads

GTFO! :pac:

• Advertisement

Fewicfur My fake Company got some free passes! pm me if you want one - have had a quick look around and it seems decent

Have a few more also if anyone wants one - eoferrall is already down for one, will send pm and link with codes this evening when I get home as coupons not with me in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'd like to take a look too please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Nah, I think I prefer the imaginary world of BR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

If you have a spare one going, I wouldn't mind taking a gander at this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Do you have a spare one for me? I wouldn't mind having a look at it, looks interesting

PM's sent lads, enjoy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Anyone figured out why some players are red and can not be selected? Is there help files or documentation anywhere? I do not see much explanation of screens etc...:o

Haven't really looked at the game yet but I think most of my players such as BOD, Kearney, Darcy, healy and co are all away on international duty so I can't select them for my magners league game

Ah that would make sense, leaving me short on backs! (i'm Leinster too!:D)

what scenario number is everyone in?

im 526 for connaught and 527 for munster. Might pick french team for the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

in 525 for Connaught.

Haven't picked a second or a third team yet.

Leinster 524

just signed Domingo from Clermont, Bowe to Leinster

scenario 520 - leinster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Any more coupons going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Its a little bit difficult . . knowing whats going on etc.
    should be some E-mail with an explanation
    but an interesting game

Leadership have 1 spare at home mate - will send on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

The game will live and die on its match engine. Be interested to see my first game on saturday...

eoferrall wrote: »
    Anyone figured out why some players are red and can not be selected? Is there help files or documentation anywhere? I do not see much explanation of screens etc...:o

I think its that they are on International duty. If you go to results it shows that theres some World cup on...

So i think the first games are today but the game is "Temporarily Unavailable". I'm not gonna lie, doubt I'll be logging back in

Advertisement