Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camp-site reopened

Options
  • 06-07-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi everyone the camp site at Hudson Bay in Athlone is open again with a four star rating on their sign.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

what was it closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

i hope its under new management too. The last time I went there I asked to have a look around before we stayed and we were told to leave!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

*Kol* wrote: »
    i hope its under new management too. The last time I went there I asked to have a look around before we stayed and we were told to leave!!!!!
    Something similar happened to me last year in the Glen of Aherlow.
    Campsites in Ireland are really poor, they think their doing you a favour by renting you a (very expensive) pitch.
    May weekend at Lough Key and the campsite attendant was directing me onto the "pitch" by warning me where the worst of the broken glass was.
    Apparently they had previously used that part of the site as a rubbish dump.
    He seemed somewhat put out when I refused to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

loobylou wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me last year in the Glen of Aherlow.
    Campsites in Ireland are really poor, they think their doing you a favour by renting you a (very expensive) pitch.
    May weekend at Lough Key and the campsite attendant was directing me onto the "pitch" by warning me where the worst of the broken glass was.
    Apparently they had previously used that part of the site as a rubbish dump.
    He seemed somewhat put out when I refused to accept it.

The sites at the Glen of Aherlow & Mannix Point in Kerry, I would consider are some of the best in Ireland. With their Management both Friendly and Helpful. These two sites are very well run.

Advertisement