Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin edge 305 shutting down

Options
  • 06-07-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction, i have a garmin edge 305 and recently i turned it on and it failed to pick up a satellite signal. Eventually i turned it off and back on a couple of times and it then picked one up, but i noticed then that it would knock off after a while on the bike i use it for mtb'ing so i dont know if its knocking off due to impact while on the handle bars or just dying. i am hoping it is just the internal batterie and if so has anyone on here ever gotten one replaced? if so where? how much? there doesnt seem to be an irish customer support on garmin website so thought i would try here first :) and see if anyone else had a similar problem. i have the unit about a year and bought it second hand but i do know the previous owner didnt use it all that much but i have used it three four times a week since getting it.
    Anyway thanks for reading.
    Dave
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

It's a known fault. The connection from the battery to the unit itself is through a simple spring like connector. This is vulnerable to stress and loosens over time until it becomes an intermittent fault. Very annoying.

It's possible to fix it yourself, or if it's in warranty you might be able to get it repaired for free. I just opened mine up and did it myself, resealed it with glue and rubber cement.

http://blog.mtbguru.com/2008/11/06/surgery-on-the-garmin-edge-305/

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Ahh perfect Gavin, thanks a bunch.

Advertisement