Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon framsets tour de france

• 06-07-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Some good deals to be had on canyon framesets, todays offer 35% off all road bike framesets, the discounts are based on how well the Omega Pharma-Lotto team do during each stage of the tour de france.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/tdf2010/#bikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,169 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

50% off today.

Damn you maxed out credit card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Time trial frame for 450... nnnngggg must resist. Want TT bike but... don't need...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

mfdc wrote: »
    Time trial frame for 450... nnnngggg must resist. Want TT bike but... don't need...!

+++1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

so it was 35% off yesteday and 50% today. Is it possible that they could 80% reduction or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

The results of Omega Pharma-Lotto at the end of each stage accumulate to daily discounts of upto 50% on selected framesets. So follow the team at the Tour and chase down the biggest discounts!

50% is the max discount apparently ... a lot of these deals are almost completely out of stock ... great if you are bizarrely proportioned though XS/XL ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Just ordered the black frame of this in 60 cm, my finger slipped...

Was tempted to go for a 62cm white, but may have been slightly too large for me (191cm - 6'3.5")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

rob1891 wrote: »
    great if you are bizarrely proportioned though XS/XL ;-)

Harsh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭C3PO

A bit of a joke - unless you're very small or very tall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

RPL1 wrote: »
    A bit of a joke - unless you're very small or very tall!

It was'nt yesterday as there were plenty of frames in each size.

I have been looking to buy a bike for the OH, I might well buy one of those XS frames and put a bike together for her. The budget would be getting blown by +100% but I feel the need for a white bike in our household. Hmmm, €400 frame, €400 groupset, €300 wheels, €130 bars, saddle and pedals? Could be a plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

ok quick question on sizing, i input my measurements into the pps thing and it says xs for me which sounds odd:

height: 173cm
    torso: 80cm
    inseam: 80cm
    arms: 77cm

does XS sound right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

ok quick question on sizing, i input my

I put in mine and it said to get a 54 and I'd be fairly sure its a 56 I need. Maybe it is underestimating.

I was fairly excited about all this until I saw there are no 56s left in any bike or frame.

ok quick question on sizing, i input my measurements into the pps thing and it says xs for me which sounds odd:

height: 173cm
    torso: 80cm
    inseam: 80cm
    arms: 77cm

does XS sound right?

Maybe it's directing you to whatever they have left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Just compared it to the measurements on my current bike and it's almost the same bar the seat tube height. A slightly longer seatpost should fix that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

.. based on the daily performance of Omega Pharma-Lotto riders in the TDF.

I've just ordered a frameset at a 40% discount. It was 50% some day during the week which might account for the now seemingly low stock levels.

The discounts are calculated by the following -

On the first day of the Tour we kick-off with a discount of 10% which we're donating so to speak as an advance on a hopefully successful race. After that we'll leave the racing to the riders.

It's very easy to calculate the available daily discounts. If the best Omega Pharma-Lotto rider (or the team as the case may be) is in the top 10 of any of the competitions, you will receive a discount of 10% per competition. If the best rider (or team as the case may be) is in the top 20, you'll receive a 5% discount per competition. .

The following competitions are included in the calculation of discounts:
    • Current day's stage
    • Overall standings in the green jersey competition (best sprinter)
    • Overall standings in the polka dot jersey competition (best climber)
    • Overall standings in the yellow jersey competition (overall winner)
    • Best team competition

Just saw that a thread was already started here about this. Should have known. Apologies for the duplication. Feel free to ignore.

[mod note: threads merged]

Discount currently at 45%. Could be as good as it's going to get. Currently 10th for the polka dot jersey so just about qualifying for the 10% and 15th for the the green jersey with a good bit to make up to crack the top 10. The only framesets left are the Ultimate CF and in a limited size range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pprendeville

anyone know if this will happen this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I hope not as I fear the temptation would be too hard to fight!:o

anyone know if this will happen this year?
    We'll find out in a few days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Going by last years calculation of discounts, Saturday could have very good prices indeed (Gilbert in yellow and green?). Is this on full bikes as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

christeb wrote: »
    Just ordered the black frame of this in 60 cm, my finger slipped...

Was tempted to go for a 62cm white, but may have been slightly too large for me (191cm - 6'3.5")

Just wondering how you fitted with the 60cm frame, I'm same height and the canyon calculator is giving me a 62. I'm waiting to pounce on the "Add to basket" if any discount is offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Email response from Canyon UK:
    Hi Phillip,

We don't know of anything specific but as the event is so close it's probably worth hanging on to see.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Cullen Ward - Canyon UK

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Going by last years calculation of discounts, Saturday could have very good prices indeed (Gilbert in yellow and green?). Is this on full bikes as well?
    Discounts were offer last year on complete bikes. However, rather than basing them on the performances of Omega Pharma-Lotto, they were set.

I'd be surprised if they were to offer similar discounts this year. They've probably got a much bigger share of the market now (job done) and their expectations of the Omega Pharma-Lotto are probably higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

http://www.canyon.com/tdfspecial2011

just reading cyling+ nd there was an advert with that url on it

doing nothing yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I just noticed a few reductions in the roadie section on their site

Ultimate AL frameset 746 down from 799,
    Ultimate CF 9.0 SL 2499 down from 2699,
    Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 3349 down from 3599,
    Aeroad CF 9.0 SL 3449 down from 3699.

On the MTB side of things

Grand Canyon CF 9.0 LTD 4999 - 4499
    Nerve XC 6.0 1499 - 1399
    Strive ES 7.0 1999 - 1849

Nothing to write home about yet. However, if I find out tomorrow that they've matched last year's offers then I'll find it difficult not to add to the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Above link now saying under maintenance

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Above link now saying under maintenance
    It's back :D But different. I haven't figured it out yet. Something about betting :confused: They are chucking some free stuff in with certain bikes rather than reducing their prices.

• Advertisement

The betting game -

After registering, one has to bet daily on whether one thinks that each of Gilbert, Greipel and Van Den Broeck will improve or falter in the general classification. A point is awarded for each correct prediction. If one has accumulated a total of 7 or more points by the fist rest day they are entered into a draw one of 3 autographed jerseys. 14 points or more for the second day and be entered into a similar draw. 21+ points at the end of the Tour and be entered into a draw for 3 framesets and 3 jerseys.

Pretty crap really. Unless I win something ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

I wonder will the TDF deals change along the way, not any great bargains as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I'd imagine if they were planning on doing any deals they would have offered something after Gilberts win on stage 1!

nophd08 wrote: »
    I wonder will the TDF deals change along the way, not any great bargains as yet.
    I doubt it for the following reason
    Lemag wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they were to offer similar discounts this year. They've probably got a much bigger share of the market now (job done)

Advertisement