Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Powerful Move in Tekken

Options
  • 06-07-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭

What is the most powerful move in tekken?

I thought it was the Gigaton blast used by Jack....but I don't think it is anymore.

Supposedly its some move used by the final boss in Tekken 6

Does any actually know?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bleh, always hated the Tekken games, they were a total mess and the Capcom fighters and Virtua Fighter were always so much better. There's a few silly moves in Tekken that take 100% or more damage likeJacks silly wind up punch move and Tekken 4 was so broken that there's plenty of combos that take more than 100% when executed. Try the fighting games forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

yeah true....same with characters like Paul Pheonix and king...1 kick will take 30% of your health...

Soul Calibar is excellent for combo moves

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The most powerful move is called 'Tekken Smash'

It's simple to pull of. You take the disc out of the console and fling it across the room at a wall for being such a terrible game.

Guaranteed win every time! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

boo!
    Say what you like but I've always thought tekken fights more fluid than the average game of streetfighter (which a lot of the time I've played it consisists of who can do the most dragon punches and fireballs).
    I've also found it more fun to play as well.
    (your milage will vary on this but I've always had more fun playing tekken)
    Bear in mind as well that those crazy damage inducing moves take so long to charge up that you really need to either be lucky or really know what you're doing to pull them off.!
    Also Tekken bowl>beating up a car!

Master of the Universe

(which a lot of the time I've played it consisists of who can do the most dragon punches and fireballs).

Ur doin' it wrong :P

I was never a huge Street Fighter head myself. Played it lots over the years but I'm just not very good at it. There's something about a lot of the moves I can't pull off when needed.

It is a fantastic series though. I can appreciate that!

I much rather the play style of SNK fighters.

In comparison to the above, I've always found Tekken to feel clunky and slow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doing lots of fireballs and dragon punches is a sure fire way to get an ass kick in street fighter against a player that knows what they are doing. It's such a better game and much smoother compared to the clunky Tekken. Even with abou 2-5 special moves per character it manages to be deeper and better balanced than Tekken which has some characters where mashing the controller against your crotch will win you more matches than playing it properly (not an exaggeration, try playing this way with Eddie if you don't believe me).

Basically in fighting game circles Tekken is a game for people that want to bash buttons while Capcom and SNK games are, with a few exceptions, the only ones worth bothering with.

At least it isn't as bad as Mortal Kombat.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tekken which has some characters where mashing the controller against your crotch will win you more matches than playing it properly (not an exaggeration, try playing this way with Eddie if you don't believe me).

That actually made me LOL. Nice one :D

It really isn't an exaggeration, Tekken players hate Eddie and a few other characters because a button masher can get a win against even anexperienced player by button mashing. Using your crotch is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

For someone who was quite involved in the early days of the Fighting Game Forum and attended quite a few meetups and tournaments and should know better, you're talking absolute ****e.

No good Tekken player will be beaten by a button masher unless they're drunk/high or it's online and lag is a factor.

Well a very good player wouldn't get beaten by a button masher but fairly decent ones can get destroyed by an eddie newbie button mashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I used to be fairly good at tekken, I didnt really get into tekken 6 though.

Although I did completly beat another forum member here at Street Fighter IV :P He knows who he is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I liked Tekken 3, but mainly for the reasons stated above, I could get places in single player with the button mashing method, although the crotch smashing plan is a new one on me.

I played Virtua Fighter 3 quite a bit but that was mostly because,
    1- there was feck all else to play on my new imported DC.
    2- I was a graphics whore and just wanted to see the fabric rustle in the breeze as I had the lard smacked out of me in the beautifully rendered snow!

Honestly, the last time I was good at a beat'em up as The Way Of The Exploding Fist, ah yes, the good old days....

IK+ pwns way of the exploding fist.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    IK+ pwns way of the exploding fist.
    ah... I see you're swayed by fancy graphics and slick presentation, real nijaz0r warri0rs duked it out on chop suey on the atari 8 bit ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCB4iW3rguY

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I was thinking of WotEF on the Speccy, slightly different that the C64 edition, and hey, I only had a speccy!
    I never got into fighting games really, I have owned most of them and after a brief burst of interest I quit and they gather dust.
    I have played SSFIV exactly once, and SSBM about three times.
    I still enjoy the occasional bout of Fighters Megamix on the Saturn though, and The Last Blade 2 on the NeoGeoMVS.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Hwoarang (or whatever) had a three flying kicks move that I remember being fond of, pull it off at the begninnng of a fight and it was aguaranteed win afterwards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Virtua Fighter and Killer Instinct....love it. Personally I didn't bother with Tekken after the 2nd one took a few quid off me in the arcades way back when. I tend to agree with Retr0gamer that button mashing / crotch mashing? is an effective means to beating a half decent player, especially after beers which of course leads to real fisty cuffs ;)

LoGiE wrote: »
    Virtua Fighter and Killer Instinct....love it. Personally I didn't bother with Tekken after the 2nd one took a few quid off me in the arcades way back when. I tend to agree with Retr0gamer that button mashing / crotch mashing? is an effective means to beating a half decent player, especially after beers which of course leads to real fisty cuffs ;)
    ah killer instinct ...the game where you could chain up a load of combos and walk away from the cab, while your character juggled their opponent for half an hour ;)

Master of the Universe

Tekken..Killer Instinct...do you guys play Tattoo Assassins too?! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

o1s1n wrote: »
    Tekken..Killer Instinct...do you guys play Tattoo Assassins too?! :pac:

Haha... No 'Fighter's History' is my favorite Data East fighter. Killer Instinct was a good fighter which I still play to this day. It took skill and practice to pull off Combos, juggles etc. Anywho back to capcom worship!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I like any fighting game that I can actually get someone I know to play. ****ing rare enough in this day and age. Most people aren't interested in advancing past the button mashing stage.

If I was being purist I'd say VF series and SSF2T were my favorites by some margin, but I'd play Tekken happily enough if I'd someone who wanted to play it regularly.

I like any fighting game that I can actually get someone I know to play. ****ing rare enough in this day and age. Most people aren't interested in advancing past the button mashing stage.

If I was being purist I'd say VF series and SSF2T were my favorites by some margin, but I'd play Tekken happily enough if I'd someone who wanted to play it regularly.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1204

There are meetups happening in several places around the country every week.

Cool. I might go to one of those.

Also http://ggpo.net/ for all your retro fighting game needs. Rock solid netcode. You can be playing people from all over the world with no noticeable lag.

Lots of people are always playing Super Turbo on there and we have a bunch of people who will happily play ST at meetups too.

I've had a lot of trouble getting GGPO to work in the past. My router was being a bitch about forwarding the ports. I happened to have gotten a new router yesterday however (the old one broke) so I might have another lash getting it running.

If you are having trouble with GGPO try the 2DF website. I've had trouble with GGPO before as well, it seems to work when it wants to.

GGPO works fine as long as you have the ports forwarded correctly.

2DF is no more, it's called Supercade now and is apparently quite crap these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

minotour wrote: »
    Hwoarang (or whatever) had a three flying kicks move that I remember being fond of, pull it off at the begninnng of a fight and it was aguaranteed win afterwards.

the Hunting Hawk I think it was called.. was, always a big fan of Hwoarang.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Hworang was a buttons mashers wet dream, just like eddie.

One of the best characters, well mine anyway, was King, if you can chain the throws together you can knock off almost all the healthbar in one act, hard to do though.

Tekken 4 was when I was pretty good with both Jin and King. Havnt played in so long now I'd get beat around the place.

But almost every character is very good if you can master them, except a few odd crap ones, like Marduk and Raven

• Advertisement
Advertisement