Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured Pigeon

Options
  • 06-07-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

This little guy is in my garden since Sunday afternoon, very windy if you remember. I think he has a broken left wing. I've been feeding him grain & water. Any ideas what to do?? Thanks

wingv.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Is there identification on it? Ie marker / tag etc on one of its legs?

If so do not contact owner or pidgeon club, they will only wring its neck. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Is there identification on it? Ie marker / tag etc on one of its legs?

If so do not contact owner or pidgeon club, they will only wring its neck. :mad:

Thats very true. However, if it has a broken wing it has little chance of recovery and may be in pain. Its your call, but I would put it out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Thanks guys, there are no rings on his legs, I'd say he's a feral pigeon from Marley Park beside me.

Sorry, but I just can not bring myself to put him out of his misery......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Thats very true. However, if it has a broken wing it has little chance of recovery and may be in pain. Its your call, but I would put it out of its misery.

I'm surprised it hasn't been finshed off by a cat already. Will happen sooner or later if you leave it in the garden.

A cat would be the answer and that's nature but my dog is in the garden during the day. She doesnt bother him because she's blind and deaf among other things.

Do you think it might mend over time and be able to fly again????

Grasping at straws here.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

V Bull wrote: »
    A cat would be the answer and that's nature but my dog is in the garden during the day. She doesnt bother him because she's blind and deaf among other things.

Do you think it might mend over time and be able to fly again????

Grasping at straws here.....
    No if wing is broken he's finished. Get somebody to break it's neck. Sounds terrible but death is instantaneous and he will not feel a thing. He will be in alot of pain witha broken wing. Birds hide pain well, so he's alot worse than you think..

I hate this but it seems to be unanimous.............I'll ask my neighbour to do it...pity..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

pigeons are flying rats. that's all.

Advertisement