Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barclays Scottish Open Betting

Options
  • 06-07-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

The warm up for the Bristish Open gets underway this week where I'll mainly be going for rank outsiders but 1 of those towards the higher end of the market does take my fancy and that's Francesco Molinari (33/1). Confidence high and game in good shape after narrowly missing out last week and his tee to green game will give him an advantage at Loch Lomond

Full Preview and Picks available on blog for anyone interested.

I'll also be keeping an eye out on huge priced Scot Martin Laird (125/1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Latest from the Jp McManus pro-am

Darren Clarke has a standout record at Loch Lomond but hasn't been performing this year on tour. Judging by the link above though, he's found a little bit of form and at 125/1 looks a huge price. 12/1 on a top 10 looks nice.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah read your blog earlier.

Will certainly have money on F. Molinari E/W and a little on Havret once again, probably a top 10 place. Need to have a proper look at the odds later tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

the price on laird is interesting

bit of 119-1 on betfair( 113-1 minus commission)
    110-1 with stan james/betpack and still 125-1 with coral
    as short as 80/1 in places

his putting will need to hold out as the greens are very dry, with not much grass cover from a poor winter growth.

I remember Mickelson throwing this away 3 seasons ago in a playoff. Kaymer will be hurting after last week too and Mcdowell(winner 2 seasons ago) can't be having him at all, head still in the clouds i suspect

Think i'l join you and have a nibble on Laird. He's from Kirkintilloch in Glasgow which is where I spend alot of my time with in laws so a small bet for an interest

Just read an article on Daily Record on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

shaggykev wrote: »
    his putting will need to hold out as the greens are very dry, with not much grass cover from a poor winter growth.

think the rain forcast for the 4 days might sort that out

A fiver on Francesco Molinari E/W @ 28/1 and Lowry Top 20 @ 6/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

molinari also for me at 28s and charlie wii at 45s in the john deere
    and a little ew double in case the impossible happens

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭henryd65

Thanks ValueSeeker,

backed Darren Clarke 80/1 e/w with PP and layed the win bet on Betfair at 11/4. Having bad luck recently, so good to see some money coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Excellent tipping here this week, didn't get on any of them, enough on my plate with WC and Newmarket, but best of luck to you all...
    Will be backing in the open next week with 7 places, will be looking for your advice early next week so !

Am a tad gutted :pac:, I was in two minds whether to go for Clarke after his win midweek or Lowry, who's played some decent stuff over the last few weeks. Went for the latter and then the top 20, mainly due to Lowry's consistency lately.

Currently 21st.

Oh well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Darren Clarke has a standout record at Loch Lomond but hasn't been performing this year on tour. Judging by the link above though, he's found a little bit of form and at 125/1 looks a huge price. 12/1 on a top 10 looks nice.

Nice tip. So disgusted I didnt take your advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Good selection at the mo.

But there are 2 days still to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great spot there especially with the top ten price and
    that surely looks very good even at this stage
    i wouldnt be confident about clark holding on unless he
    had a ten shot lead at this stage if my money was on him.
    would be great to see him do it though and i hope ye all
    clean up unless francesco is on his tail of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

time to get back on d golf, now me beloved world cup is coming to an end:mad::mad::mad: havnt watchd fuk all golf this past month, no idea wat d form is wit most d golfers, apart from molinari. he seems to still b doing his stuff out on d course. just checkn d odds for the open next week! noticed fran molinari is 80/1 wit boyles! ne1 think he has chance at the open? cause im thinking thats a huge price 4 a guy who's on the brink f winning!! wat yee think?

Come on Francesco.
    2 shots behind Clarke and 5 behind his older brother Eduardo currently. The former of which has struggled today as I expected.

Lowry currently 10th, just need him to finish in the top 20.

Thank you Francesco and Shane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

I backed Francesco Molinari on Thursday morning at 33s each way but can't remember who i did the bet with! Anyone know who was best price on him?

Verance wrote: »
    I backed Francesco Molinari on Thursday morning at 33s each way but can't remember who i did the bet with! Anyone know who was best price on him?

Definitely isn't Paddypower anyway

give ya a tip.set up a spreadsheet on your computer of all bets done and with who,you'll sone find out what to keep backing and what to leave,for me it's no more horses and plenty of golfers

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

heavyballs wrote: »
    give ya a tip.set up a spreadsheet on your computer of all bets done and with who,you'll sone find out what to keep backing and what to leave,for me it's no more horses and plenty of golfers
    I have a spreadsheet but never thought I'd need to know which bookie I used :(

It was a good tip though, spreadsheet definitely helps.

I have a spreadsheet but never thought I'd need to know which bookie I used :(

It was a good tip though, spreadsheet definitely helps.

unless the wife stumbles upon it,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nice tipping this week, valueseeker. Was on Franceso myself, seemed to hurt more having his brother win for some reason :pac: Great shout with Clarke as well. Actually thought of doing him after reading your article but PP were only going 50s and hadn't time to get to Ladbrokes so left it. Will definitely be having a read of your blog before making this week's selections.

Advertisement