Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions regarding syncing with google

Options
  • 06-07-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    ive been trying to find the solution on boards and on the internet, but at this point i think i might as well create a thread as it may get messy butting into other people's threads which do not necessarily say the same problem.

When i first got my desire, what i did was sync "outlook Contacts" that i had created on gmail contacts so that only those contacts that had been on my outlook on the desktop came through.
    that worked well. and i had the outlook contacts under that header as well as "all contacts" that included all those email addresses as well that i didnt need.
    I synced Outlook contacts and only that came up, grand.

however, everytime i add a new contact in my phone, ie when i meet new people and press sync, for some godforsaken reason, either the contact did not sync, or it synced to "All contacts" in my gmail account.

I am not sure which ones i added at this point and would mean comparing the two lists side by side.
    "All contacts" 242 names (includes emails etcs) + whatever i added - not more than 5-6.
    "My Contacts" 202 names (only those with phone numbers)

is there any way of getting the new contacts into "my contacts" and not "all contacts"? i cant figure this out at all?

I realised there is Gdocs on google. Id like to use this to have quick notes here and there and have them sync with my gdocs so i can edit and read on the pc.

is there
    a) any note program that would only show the title of the note or the first line and youd have to click into it to get the rest?

b) the same program to sync with googledocs but that would sync a specific folder only? i tried Gdocs but it only syncs Documents (even though it didnt sync properly actually) and it would not sync a folder i created "Notes Sync" under my folders in Gdocs.

Thanks so much for the help, android is very interesting and innovative, but there are so many little niggles that could make it so much better....

Advertisement