Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview for store approval Brown Thomas Limerick, any advice??

Options
  • 06-07-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an interview with Brown Thomas Limerick tomorrow for store approval and I wanted to know if anyone has gone through this before, and can give me advice on the questions asked, what to wear etc.??

In my last interview they told me that store approval is the hardest to get in Limerick, but to be honest I haven't a notion what it actually is that has to be approved! is it looks? retail experience? what??! I'm nervous for it as I don't know what to expect out of it!

ANY advice given is hugely appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭orlaithd

Store approval is basically like a second interview for the job- its normally for when you are going to be working in a concession in a dept store like BTs, Clerys, Arnotts etc as the dept store like to have a say about who will be working on the premises as customers will see you as BTs staff not just the concession's staff.

Having worked in dept stores over the years I would say dress more conservative then for a "fashion interview". BTs wear all black so I'd go with all black. I worked in Clerys for years and they had a thing about piercings and tattoos on show- not a problem for my concession but a prob for Clerys so I would say if you have any (major ones) cover them up a bit- also don't wear too many accessories as they can take a dislike to big earings, rings or chains (regardless of the fashion they just like the plainer look).

Its not a big interview- you've had that already and if you are going for store approval its means you've done well! They normally just have a bit of a chat- try and determine you are the right "kind" of staff they like- also be prepared for questions on any experience- if you have any and also whether you have any family members working in the company already. That's about it- don't stress about it- you've done the hard bit in the first interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 makeuphazel

That's great! just from the initial interview with Laura Mercier, she said the 2nd round interviewers are a lot harder on you!! I have noting in my wardrobe but black so i'll be grand on that anyway! just want to know what kind of questions to expect she fairly scared me into thinking it was a HUGE deal to answer everything right!!:eek: And when she emailled me there was a very demanding tone to it, but then again that's BT's all over!! In saying that I'll be one of the few sales reps on the floor that doesn't have that 'look down on you' attitude! hate it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

i worked in bt's for 5 years so the best advice i can give you is to act how you would to customers on your best day.

your grooming should be immaculate. make sure your haair and make up is nice and very neat as well as your clothes. be very friendly and come across as approachable and helpful and eager to please. most of the questions they are going to ask will be sales and performance related. like give us an example of when you worked to a target, an example of when you gave great customer service, (you should have a few of these) an example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you managed to deal with the situation successfully. They will probably ask you why you want to work in bt and your answer should reflect their own brand values as well as laura merciers. You should be able to display a strong awareness of both these brands, so read the about us sections of their websites and the history if possible.

I can't imagine limerick could be harder than grafton st as grafton st is the flagship store and goes through a massive amount of applications. The person may have been trying to scare you into over preparing. Try and come across as confident and friendly, and good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

having the same problem..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Zombie thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement