Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary house for a turkey

Options
  • 06-07-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Im not sure if this is in the right section, but I keep a number of hens. ducks and recently I was given a young turkey by a friend. The bird will have its own run and I have a spare hen house that I was wondering if you could tell me if it is suitable at night. I have attached a picture of the house. The bird will only be there for 4-6 weeks. The house is about 2.5 ft high. Is this house okay to use??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

how big is the turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

at the moment, the size of an average hen, but I presume she'll grow rapidly. would the house suit an adult hen-turkey say?

it might suit, but from looking at the pic i wouldnt use it the door looks very narrow, but if your only keeping it for a bit it should do for a month or so, is it for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

well the turkey is for rearing for Xmas and if the house would suit it obviously would save me making / buying a new house, but like I said just wondering if it will be suitable or should I start on a new house

you say in your original post that the turkey will only be there for 5 or 6 weeks, if so the house will do fine id say, if your keeping it until christmas its best to get a bigger one

• Advertisement
Advertisement