Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

front door to tv camera advice?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    looking at putting a camera at my front door and want to feed it through my amp to tv,s round my house?
    any advice suggestions?
    b/w or colour is fine,i dont need to record anything.
    my two ideas so far are to install a wired camera from the roof soffit or would it be possible to install a doorbell camera with a wireless signal sender?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It all depends on the viewing angle from the soffit to the front door, if it's too steep you may have trouble catching someones face and be only able to see their heads.
    Also if it's mounted under the soffit you will need a varifocal lens (3.5 - 8mm) with 560 tvl and some IR lighting.
    To distribute it around the house get yourself an rf modulator and pick a channel that is 2 channels away from anything else as you may get interference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kindalen

where can i buy and how much should it cost?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Where are you based and I'll try and point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭kindalen

thanks for help, but not going ahead now.....lack of permission from the boss....

Advertisement