Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Event online???

Options
  • 05-07-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey Guys anyone know is there anywhere that has live coverage of the main event online?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

tooler7 wrote: »
    Hey Guys anyone know is there anywhere that has live coverage of the main event online?
    Thanks
    Im not sure if there is live coverage this year.
    If you contact KoolKid on here he will be able to help you . He knows everything and as far as i know is never wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DAMO72 wrote: »
    If you contact KoolKid on here he will be able to help you . He knows everything and as far as i know is never wrong .

Yeah, I've had enough of your personal attacks and jibes on this forum, take a two-week holiday for cumulative posting of abuse on this forum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Damo

Hi tooler ,
    Coverage of the WSOP main event has decreased of late.
    There is no news of live streaming of the main even that I know of.
    I hope the following helps.

From Partytimepoker.com
    Five events at the World Series of Poker will be broadcast live on the Internet at ESPN.com, according to recent reports.
    The tournaments will all be shown on ESPN3, part of ESPN.com. Here is the schedule:
    June 26
    Event No. 44, $2,500 Mixed Hold’em (Limit/No-Limit)
    June 27
    Event No. 45, $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em
    June 30
    Event No. 49, $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em
    July 1
    Event No. 51, $3,000 Triple Chance No-Limit Hold’em
    July 3
    Event No. 52, $25,000 Six-Handed No-Limit Hold’em
    Coverage of all events will start at 5:30 p.m. Eastern, tentatively. Only the first four events are actually listed at ESPN3, but it’s being reported that the $25K event will also be streamed. Fans will also be able to purchase the coverage on iTunes the day after the events. Reports are also saying the coverage will not be truly live, and will be on at least a slight delay.
    There has been no streaming of events so far during this year’s WSOP, despite the popularity of live streams in recent years. The WSOP first started providing live coverage over the internet in 2007. The coverage represents less than 10% of the events contested at this year’s WSOP.
    There’s no word yet whether there will be any streaming coverage of the main event this year.
    Coverage of the WSOP on television at ESPN is limited to just two events this year: the $50,000 Players Championship and the main event. The live streaming will be many fans’ only opportunity to watch other events from this year’s tournament series.

You can get live updates for any event online here.
    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates.asp

You can view results here
    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/results.asp?

The Photo Gallery is here.
    http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/photos.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

BOO-urns, is this the final nail in the coffin of the already defunct poker forum when decent sorts like Damo are banned for a bit of tongue in cheek?.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The problems I see with the poker forum are irrelevant posts like this. The forum is far from dead.
    Tooler 7 came on last night asking a valid question. He deserves a valid constructive answer, not some snide comment.
    When people post relevant information it helps everyone. If users don't want to do that then this forum is better off if they say nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had enough of your personal attacks and jibes on this forum, take a two-week holiday for cumulative posting of abuse on this forum.

Damo got a ban for his post????? :confused::confused::confused:

Damo got a ban for his post????? :confused::confused::confused:

Not just that post .
    for cumulative posting of abuse on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

koolkid wrote: »
    The problems I see with the poker forum are irrelevant posts like this. The forum is far from dead.
    Au contraire, look at the top of the main page at BBV (the beating heart of the poker forum) and it's full of so called "irrelevant" posts or more commonly known as "banter".
    You can continue to decieve yourself and others if you like, but the reality is that the poker forum is dead, or to put it more correctly it has moved to irishpokerboards.
    Tooler 7 came on last night asking a valid question. He deserves a valid constructive answer, not some snide comment.
    That's exactly what he deserved, when you consider he was capable of turning on his computer, launching IE, logging on to boards and starting this thread, yet incapable of using google or just too lazy and wanted some other sucker to do his donkey work for him.
    When people post relevant information it helps everyone. If users don't want to do that then this forum is better off if they say nothing at all.
    I agree relevant infomation is helpfull to all, as is a bit of banter and people who take their time to read the charter etc, and start threads that are relevant and informative.
    Since the move to irishpokerboards by the poker community here, 99.99% of all the threads that have been started are related to questions and scenario's that have been covered multiple times, the answers to which can be easily found with a quick forum search. So from that pov it's no surprise that most threads end piss taking especially considering the mods here are non existent, most evident by spamming post/threads taking days to be locked or deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

launching IE

I bet he actually uses google chrome

Daithio9 wrote: »
    Au contraire, look at the top of the main page at BBV (the beating heart of the poker forum) and it's full of so called "irrelevant" posts or more commonly known as "banter".
    And it suits that thread very well.
    However there is a big difference between banter & outright abuse.
    That's exactly what he deserved, when you consider he was capable of turning on his computer, launching IE, logging on to boards and starting this thread, yet incapable of using google or just too lazy and wanted some other sucker to do his donkey work for him.
    So what you are saying here is everyone who posts a question on any internet forum deserves a snide remark or abuse??
    I think you need to google a couple of words yourself. Community and Forum

If you wish to discuss the relevance of this forum or Boards.ie in general then post in feedback. If you have an issue with any poster or Moderator take it up the CMods and then the Admins if you still feel hard done by.
    I am happy to discuss or debate any issues with anyone here as long as they are cabable of having a civilised & rational conversation.

Now in fairness this thread is way off topic. Apologies to the OP .
    If you wish to discuss further feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate area or PM me if you wish.

KK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭tooler7

Well actually i did search for a while actually and came across several websites but none that did live streaming and thats what i came on asking wasnt being lasy at all was asking a valid question if anyone knew any websites that did any streaming.

Thanks to everyone else with the helpful info and links also

Your welcome tooler. Don't be put off by a few strange comments. Most here are friendly & helpful enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

koolkid wrote: »
    And it suits that thread very well.
    However there is a big difference between banter & outright abuse.

If that post was outright abuse, you must have been smoking dope, it is more a hidden complement to you "KoolKid", than abuse I would say. I would rather say you are a bit touchy and should cop on and get over yourself...ffs

If that post was outright abuse, you must have been smoking dope, it is more a hidden complement to you "KoolKid", than abuse I would say. I would rather say you are a bit touchy and should cop on and get over yourself...ffs

I would suggest you read the entire thread in particular R3nu4l s post.
    for cumulative posting of abuse on this forum.
    There were numerous posts deleted prior to this and there are a number of other factors and instances also.
    Again I say I am happy to discuss this in a relevant thread. Please feel free to start one in feedback or PM me if You would like all the facts before judging me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

I just commented to what I have seen in this tread, if there is more and I am wrong, just delete my post.

If you two have old grudges, I will keep my comment to myself and abstain from making more comments on the ban....:rolleyes:

Okay, all I can say is that some of you are being a bit naive here if you think that DAMO was engaging in normal Poker forum 'irreverent banter'.

The fact is that these posts:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66281125&postcount=22]One

Two

Three

are just examples of DAMO's posting recently on this forum. Now if you still think that he's not serious and is complimenting koolkid read DAMOS Helpdesk post
    DAMO72 wrote:
    Everytime i post a reply to any thread on the poker forum wether it is serious or in jest Koolkid comes in behind me every time and contradicts whatever i say. He insists in posting in a very condesending way toward me and i reply in the only way that a condesending prick should be replied to and thats with ignorance.
    The problem is this condesending prick is a mod in another forum and whenever we engage in posting back at each other he runs to the poker mods like the coward that he is and gets me banned .

In my opinion the poker mods Hyzepher and r3nu4l are showing favouritism to another mod and should be banned themselves for abusing their position and the prick that is koolkid should also be banned for constantly and purposely posting behind me just to get a reaction from me so he can run a tell tales to his little mod buddies and all have a little laugh .

If i am banned for being abusive then thats fine and i accept that as a rule of boards and i should know better . But i also expect fairness and what is happening here is far from it . If this is the way that Boards.ie let things run and let mods loose to do whatever they want then im not surprised people are moving to other forums.

So here DAMO admits his behaviour is wrong, admits what he was doing and accepts the ban.

Two things in his post upset me:

1. He got himself sitebanned for three days by continuing the abuse in his Heldesk post :(

2. He makes accusations that koolkid has been condescending to him but never once reported a post or provided any evidence of such. When he comes back I'll be asking him to do so and if he can present real evidence of koolkod breaking forum rules then I'll ban koolkid too.

Make no mistake people, I don't care if someone is a Mod or a regular user, if they break the rues and are remoreseless about it, I'll ban them.

So before you guys jump on the 'all mods are nazis' bandwagon perhaps you could check your facts in future and stop taking things at face value.

I don't normally entertain discussion of my modding but in this case I will simply because some people need to learn that when I moderate and ban someone, I have a reason for doing so and don't do it lightly. It's very unfair of you guys to come in with your accusatory replies when you don't even know the facts.

If you two have old grudges, I will keep my comment to myself and abstain from making more comments on the ban.
    I can't speak for Damo , obviousally ,but I have no grudge with him or anyone else here. I have no problem whatsoever with you or anyone else commenting , but do it in the proper manner, via the proper channels & with all the facts.
    I have no problem with anyone reporting me and I will happily stand over and explain any post I have made. If you look over my posts you will see I have been wrong and I have made mistakes. In those cases I am happy to admit it & more than happy to apologise. Most of all I try to be polite & courteous at all times. Damo chose to interpet this politeness as condesending and reacted in a bad way to it.
    Again I invite anyone who would like to discuss this further to start a thread in the proper way. I am also happy to answer any questions if anyone want to PM me.

GKidd, please keep that type of post to the Bad Beat thread. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

GKidd, please keep that type of post to the Bad Beat thread. Thanks.

Nah **** ya I'm walking out the front door with Damo. I'm an innocent man.

GKidd wrote: »

:) Okaaay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

Okay, all I can say is that some of you are being a bit naive here if you think that DAMO was engaging in normal Poker forum 'irreverent banter'.

The fact is that these posts:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66281125&postcount=22]One

Two

Three

are just examples of DAMO's posting recently on this forum. Now if you still think that he's not serious and is complimenting koolkid read DAMOS Helpdesk post

So here DAMO admits his behaviour is wrong, admits what he was doing and accepts the ban.

Two things in his post upset me:

1. He got himself sitebanned for three days by continuing the abuse in his Heldesk post :(

2. He makes accusations that koolkid has been condescending to him but never once reported a post or provided any evidence of such. When he comes back I'll be asking him to do so and if he can present real evidence of koolkod breaking forum rules then I'll ban koolkid too.

Make no mistake people, I don't care if someone is a Mod or a regular user, if they break the rues and are remoreseless about it, I'll ban them.

So before you guys jump on the 'all mods are nazis' bandwagon perhaps you could check your facts in future and stop taking things at face value.

I don't normally entertain discussion of my modding but in this case I will simply because some people need to learn that when I moderate and ban someone, I have a reason for doing so and don't do it lightly. It's very unfair of you guys to come in with your accusatory replies when you don't even know the facts.
    Cant see links 2 and 3 ????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

GKidd wrote: »

GKidd,will be having a little brake for that.

Cant see links 2 and 3 ????

Oh yeah, sorry, the posts have been deleted but Admins and Poker mods can see them but here's the quote from one of them.
    DAMO72 wrote:
    Dont you just love it when people who think they are right all the time and always sound like condesending pricks are proved wrong and make themselves look like even bigger tosspots than they allready are.

Oh happy days .
    Now he didn't get banned for that when imo, he should have, so that coupled with other posts here and his infraction was enough for a cumulative ban. There comes a time when you can't ignore a posters behaviour and DAMO was well past that. If he could reel it in a bit he'd be grand but I guess he likes to 'say it as he feels it'. A pity.

Anyway, that's enough talk about this. I just wanted to highlight that just because you can't always immediately put your finger on the reason for a ban, doesn't mean that there is no reason and the mod is just wagon circling... :) I've never been anything but fair to Poker users (ask Ste05) and I'd expect that they would treat me in the same manner tbh.

EDIT: I'm not going to quote the other post, it was less abusive but taking the p1ss all the same. :)

Oh yeah, sorry, the posts have been deleted but Admins and Poker mods can see them but here's the quote from one of them.

Now he didn't get banned for that when imo, he should have, so that coupled with other posts here and his infraction was enough for a cumulative ban. There comes a time when you can't ignore a posters behaviour and DAMO was well past that. If he could reel it in a bit he'd be grand but I guess he likes to 'say it as he feels it'. A pity.

Anyway, that's enough talk about this. I just wanted to highlight that just because you can't always immediately put your finger on the reason for a ban, doesn't mean that there is no reason and the mod is just wagon circling... :) I've never been anything but fair to Poker users (ask Ste05) and I'd expect that they would treat me in the same manner tbh.

EDIT: I'm not going to quote the other post, it was less abusive but taking the p1ss all the same. :)
    Ok . just to clear things up for my own benefit .

The first link you put up was for a comment that Damo made a month ago and he has allready served a 7 day ban for that .
    Surely by using that you are clearly missguiding people into thinking your ban is justified. Thats an abuse of your own position and turns this into a witchhunt

The 2nd link you put up which was 1 of 2 that i couldn't link to but you have quoted one of them above ( Thank you for posting it) .
    That quote was posted in the bbv thread and could be directed at anyone . But you choose to use it for your own reasons to justify your actions here and for a banning.

FWIW i have read back through the BBV and have found posts worthy of site bans but are still there. ????Confused to say the least.
    More proof of a witchhunt in my opinion

You wont post the 3rd one . Why??? . If its abusive and is relevant to this banning then you shouldn't have any problem posting it .
    Id say it is just a post taking the piss as you say and doesn't do anything to help your case at all .

So that takes us to the thread in question in the online section titled Shared Connection. .

From what i can see in that thread is that Damo gave an answer to the op and Koolkid questioned his answer and Damo and Phantom Lord tried to tell him otherwise , but Koolkid kept insisting they were both wrong. Koolkid also kept posting in a manner that he knew would get Damo to react to .
    Now the only 2 posts that come into question as far as abuse goes is
    post 14 which say's :
    Straws , Grasping . Give it up will ya . Your just sounding sad now.

And post 19 which says: Its not a debate ya muppet . Your wrong and you cant take it .
    I dont know , for a mod you really are a bit slow on the take . Never mind rainman you will get there eventually . biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

So the terrible abuse that caused a banning boils down to saying he was sad in one post and calling him a muppet in another . Well stone me if thats what is seen as abuse.

The only conclusion anyone could come to out of this is that it is infact a witchunt and that the mods and cmods have stuck by koolkid who posts in a manner that they like and approve of and is also a mod of another section.
    The mods have gone out of their way to paint as bad a picture as they can by dragging up posts from a previous banning and a post from the bbv which could be directed at anyone not even involved in this place, they just choose to use it as it suits their needs and to make them look just in their actions.

The facts is that Damo and Koolkid has had history to which Damo got banned for and since then koolkid follows him around the forum and contradicts his posts in a manner that he knows will wind him up in order to draw him out and then goes running to the mods to report being abused in order to get Damo banned. I think the mods need to open their eyes here and see whats really going on .

On another point : Koolkid made remarks against Damo regarding the opening of bluff card club . Koolkid was asked to explain his remarks both on the thread and by pm which he never did . The mod dub13 was also pm'd about this matter on 2 occasions and chose to ignore it also . So this is more proof that there is favouritism being shown between mods.

The lot of you should take a good look around this forum and and try to figure out why so many good posters have left here .
    To save you trying to figure it out just take a look in the mirror .

Yeah...you didn't look at the Helpdesk thread did you? If you did you would know that it made everything you've just posted irrelevant. Damo admitted what he did was wrong. End of story really. :)

EDIT Oh and when Damo comes back he can report the relevant posts and they will be looked at with impartiality. I can promise you that.

Yeah...you didn't look at the Helpdesk thread did you? If you did you would know that it made everything you've just posted irrelevant. Damo admitted what he did was wrong. End of story really. :)

EDIT Oh and when Damo comes back he can report the relevant posts and they will be looked at with impartiality. I can promise you that.
    I did indeed read his help desk post . And i totally agree with it and commend him for speaking his mind and telling it how it is .

But you fail to see that post was made after he was banned , and for what ??? realistically for calling someone sad and a muppet.
    You have posted it here because some posters questioned why he was banned . Thats not why he was banned was it?? No it wasn't .
    As i said you are using stuff like this to paint as bad a picture as you can to make other posters believe you are just in your banning when clearly you are not . If thats not abusing your position then this place is more corrupt than the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

I agree with Dean, and even if he admitted being wrong that doesn't automatically make it bannable really does it? It suddenly feels very claustrophobic in here, like even the tone of a post is being monitored :(

Right tell you what guys, no more discussion here or anywhere else in this forum regarding my moderation.

If you really have a problem with my moderating then take it to the Helpdesk.

Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement