Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish made Hats

Options
  • 05-07-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not really that big on hats but I do have one (a trilby). It's just a cheap enough one bought from a store in England... I think it was made in the far east somewhere.

Anywho... I was walking through Temple Bar last Saturday and saw a stand selling hats. Myself and my brother got talking to the guy running it. Nice chap and it turns out he makes all the hats. Pretty interesting IMO. His name is John Shevlin and here's his site (http://www.shevlin.ie/). There's not much on there yet but he told me he has a facebook page with pictures. I don't use facebook so don't know the link.

I might have to go in and speak to him again about one. They're quite reasonably priced too. I figured I'd post this up as people come on now and then looking for hats and it's always nice to support local businesses. :)

Does anyone here know of any other Irish Milliners? (hat maker - can you tell I learned a new word? :D)

Comments

Advertisement