Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much masturbation

Options
  • 05-07-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I have edited this down.

I think I masturbate too much. I find myself doing it an increasing amount. I have a very high sex drive. because I'm working for 2 wweks straight I find myself home every evening and up to it. not feeling particularly horny sometimes just do it. Am I doing myself any harm physically or is it just my sex drive because I'm only after hitting my mid 20's. Being single doesn't help either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭WhatWillBee

Physically you are not doing yourself harm (outside of the obvious chaffing, sore from too much etc). In fact, theres some studies that say the more the better. That it good to clean out the pipes as they say, and it keeps your swimmers strong :)

The only way it can be doing you harm is if its affecting your life outside of it. (Similar to the diff between a person who likes a drink and an alcoholic for example). If you arent going out with your friends, or something of the like, because you are staying at home to masturbate, then it would be a bit obsessive and would be an issue that needs sorting imo.

If its not affecting your work or social life in any way, then I wouldnt worry about it at all. At your age your sex drive is high, and you are single right now, so its probably more a necessity! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

If you arent going out with your friends, or something of the like, because you are staying at home to masturbate, then it would be a bit obsessive and would be an issue that needs sorting imo.

If its not affecting your work or social life in any way, then I wouldnt worry about it at all. At your age your sex drive is high, and you are single right now, so its probably more a necessity! :D

This isn't the case anyway. I'm working long hours for the next while so cant really go out I need to be up to scratch in work. I just find myself doing it frequently. esp if nobody is home and its just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭WhatWillBee

Big Steve wrote: »
    esp if nobody is home and its just me.

It would be a lot stranger if this wasnt the case :D Honestly, you sound completely normal, and I dont think youve anything to be worrying about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Big Steve wrote: »
    Am I doing myself any harm physically or is it just my sex drive because I'm only after hitting my mid 20's.

No you are not doing yourself any harm physically.

And of course it is perfectly natural to indulge. And yes, boys in their 20s do tend to be horny for a good proportion of the time. You sound perfectly normal!

Something like this only becomes a "problem" if it is interfering with your day-to-day life. If you feel that you are doing it too much then by all means cut down. While some people feel the desire to masturbate three times a day others might find once or twice a week or less frequently adequate. It depends on the person. There are no "norms" really, but like I say, if it interfering with your work or home life then it should be addressed.

Do you mind me asking how often you are doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know the feeling op. I do it at least 4 times a day .They say its fine to do it but I do wonder if doing it the amount I do is bad for you (all those chemicals processes messing with my brain repeatedly cant be too good)

But ive neverr had a gf so its the only thing that keeps me sane. Im far too good at taking care of myself to even bother to try anymore.

Ive never found a way to stop. Stopping smoking was a piece of cake but even going down to once a day was too hard for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

Just take care of your right hand really well. Flex your fingers regularly, wiggle your fingers a couple of times everyday and don't poke anything :D. If you damage your right hand you really will have a problem. Have you ever tried to masturbate with your left hand? I fell off the bed once doing it with my left hand, never again :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone you love.

Everybody masturbates. Even if they are having lots of sex everyone still masturbates.

It's good for you and a great way of relieving stress.

Enjoy yourself and stop worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

bear this in mind.

Advertisement