Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Legend as alternative to Desire?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone out there using the HTC Legend? How do you find it?

There are lots of threads/posts about the Desire/Hero/Nexus One, but not much it seems on the Legend.

Isn't this phone a good alternative to the Desire? As far as I can see the only real difference is the screen resolution. I could be wrong though..

Meteor have seem to run out of Desires. 3 can't get them. VF don't do them. O2 is a bit too pricey for me.

Am thinking therefore of the Meteor Smart €30 offer with the Legend priced at a reasonable looking €39.99.

Seems to make sense...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I honestly wouldn't. The phone has pretty much no presence at all when it comes to the like of custom ROMs and apps. For example, the Desire got a FroYo rom about 3 days after the Nexus One. As far as I am aware the Legend has hardly any roms based on Android 2.1 let alone 2.2. Another thing is that HTC seem to ignore the Legend in all their press conferences.

Another thing is that finding support for it will be tough as it doesn't have a large following. The Desire and the Nexus One are very much alike and also have the largest market share at the moment. Nearly every app that Android has works or was developed on those two phones.

Another few things

The Desire has physical buttons
    The Desire will be getting 720p recording (Next few days)
    The Desire supports Flash 10.1
    The Desire has far more custom ROMS available
    The Desire has more memory
    The Desire has a far more powerful CPU
    The Desire supports USB On-The-Go
    The Desire will be getting FroYo in the very near future

• Registered Users Posts: 43 garrser

Many thanks partyatmygaff!

Guess I'll be holding off then until I can get my hands on a Desire.

If what you are saying about the lack of support for the Legend is true, then that is definitely a large minus point for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I prefer my Legend. Found the Desire too big.

I'm perfectly happy with then current HTC rom. The Legend does have physical buttons, you may be thinking of the Evo. Half the extra features you mention are cooked rom features. The Legend is due to get an official release of Froyo too. While the Desire has a better CPU and memory, it's not drastically more. I've noticed very little difference between both in day to day usage. Desire seems to be way more popular though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

chrislad wrote: »
    I prefer my Legend. Found the Desire too big.

I'm perfectly happy with then current HTC rom. The Legend does have physical buttons, you may be thinking of the Evo. Half the extra features you mention are cooked rom features. The Legend is due to get an official release of Froyo too. While the Desire has a better CPU and memory, it's not drastically more. I've noticed very little difference between both in day to day usage. Desire seems to be way more popular though!
    Only one of those are found in cooked roms. The others are planned for official release in Q3 but are already available in cooked roms.

In any case, the Legend does not even have the capability to do half of those things even with a custom ROM.

Advertisement