Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how fast...

Options
  • 05-07-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭

how fast is my screensaver travelling through space???:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How fast is the processor on your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

erm............2.............no 74.......................196 thousand...............:o I have no idea

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Then you fail at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

This is actually quite easy to calculate.

Firstly you will need some basic instruments, which you should have lying around the house anyways:

1. A ruler;
    kim-jong-il.jpg

(Alternatively, a tape can be used for measuring distances):
    vcr-tape.jpg

2.A time-measuring device;
    attack500.jpg

3. A calculator;
    serge3panel.jpg

Now, on your space-based screensaver pick two stars.

119164.JPG

Now, using your ruler, measure the distance between the two stars.

119165.JPG

The distance between these two stars is one standard Kim-Jong Il unit.

Now using your time measuring device, measure the time it takes star one to move to the space formerly occupied by star two.

For demonstration purposes, we will say it takes 2.4 rotations of a cat on a string (roacoas).

Now enter this equation into the touch sensitive reciprocal of your calculator;
    res-pub24-equation3-7.jpg

If entered quickly enough you should hear this sound
    click, whirr
    Quickly scream (a) the distance between the stars and (b) the time taken in roacoas simultaneously.

The calculator will process this information.

When this is completed run to your letter box and you will find a letter from the calculator addressed to you.

Open it.

It will contain a rough estimate of the speed in Pi form. Quickly consume this so the information can be absorbed by your stomach walls and transported to your brain.

I hope this helps.

Squarewave ladies n gennelmen

available for childrens parties and Bar Mitzvahs

thanks dude, that is absolute genius

I recognise that my own knowledge is scant in the way of technology so Im going to try and help the calculation with the following piece of critical information

the time taken for a star to travel from the distant horizon on screen to passing by and out of view issssssssss frooooom NOW....................tooooooooooo........NOW!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    Then you fail at life.

harsh........but well referenced

Advertisement