Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance for driving in Italy

Options
  • 05-07-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and my girlfriend are planning a week in tuscany in August. We're flying in/out of Pisa and i'm hoping to rent a car at Pisa airport. Would anyone have any recommendation on what car hire company to use?

My main question is about insurance. We both have full driving licenses, and will both have travel insurance (Mine is the VHI year-long multitrip. Not sure about hers). I've checked and I don't get any free car rental insurance if I use my credit card.

What exactly do we need get in terms of insurance from the rental company? I don't want to get something I don't need, but at the same time, I want both of us to be completely covered i.e. we don't want to be worrying about anything if (god forbid) an accident happens.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement