Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere I can sell books?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a massive pile of really good business books - all well known etc - which I want to get rid of.

Any advice as to where it would be best to try to sell them? I will certainly try adverts but is there any other places i should consider, like actual 2nd hand book stores?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You would not get a lot in a second hand store compared to private sales; Ebay/Play.com might also work if you measure up the cost for shipping properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

There's a second hand bookshop sticky, if you're thinking of going down that route.

The problem with selling online, in your case, is that the books are probably heavy and expensive to post. An Post isn't really that cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Car boot sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mystikal

Yes. I know of a place that take second hand books. However, All I know is that they take books from Primary and Secondary school. Its worth ringing them and asking. Its Sheerans in Churchtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 rubabbel

The second hand book shop on Parnell street (across from the sinn fein 'shop') seems to take books, and not only that but has multiple copies of new books only recently arrived in various bookshops in the vicinity. Somebody must be reading and selling them really really fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement