Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls - do you like guys telling you how they feel about you?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Personally I am against this but I want to get some opinions.

I have a great girl coming over tomorrow for food at my place. We are good friends the past 4 years and we have gone out on dates three times in the last while. I like her a lot. I think she does me (im thinking she wouldn't have dated me three times if she didn't).

At the moment the chemistry between us is there (I hope!!) and it's all been non-verbal. Touching, laughter, intimacy. I didn't kiss her the last time and I am kicking myself over it. However I really like her and want to let her know.

Should I take her aside and tell her verbally that I really like her and want to see her again? Or is this too upfront? She is very non-verbal when it comes to expressing how she feels so it's all subtlety. That's why I'm thinking it's too upfront....

She is going away soon for a week long trip with another guy I know who likes her and I'm afraid she'll be "taken" by him by the time she gets back. I really want to let her know.

Of course, I could have gotten it all wrong and she doesn't see me that way and I would just make everything awkward.

Or is a simple "I'd like to see you again, how about the Friday you get back?" etc. enough?

EDIT: Maybe this should be moved to the ladies lounge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

well it seems to me that, from what you've written, that she's into you too. Building a relationship from a foundation of friendship can often be the most rewarding.

I think you've answered your own question to be honest - if you don't say anything you'd kick yourself if she was snapped up by this other guy.

Just say it to her - tell her you've enjoyed her company, you like spending time with her and look forward to her coming back - and yes I think it's probably time you kissed her.

Good luck OP - and give us an update tomorrow :)

And yes girls love being told how you feel about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I'm going to have to disagree with lilminx. It sounds to me like you and this girl are just friends.

You have been on three dates without so much as a kiss, welcome to friend zone, population you. If she was into you, believe me she there would have been an opportunity to kiss. You also said that you went on like three dates in the last while. Well if the while was 8 or 9 days then fair enough, but from the way you describe it, it seems like its over a few months or so.

Go for it and tell her how you feel if you want, but be prepared for rejection.

Weirdly enough, I think I might be the other guy you speak of, but lets assume I'm not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭katie99

Definately tell her how you feel.
    Girls get a great ego boost when fellas open their hearts to them!!
    We love it!! Gives us a great feeling of well-being.
    Only you know the feelings between you both so I would definately tell her.
    Just say it to her: " ..... you know I really like you. I am very attracted to you and I like your smile, eyes lips or whatever. I enjoy your company and enjoy chatting with you".
    Then plant a soft kiss on her lips. She will respond straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

katie99 wrote: »
    Definately tell her how you feel.
    Girls get a great ego boost when fellas open their hearts to them!!
    We love it!! Gives us a great feeling of well-being.
    Only you know the feelings between you both so I would definately tell her.
    Just say it to her: " ..... you know I really like you. I am very attracted to you and I like your smile, eyes lips or whatever. I enjoy your company and enjoy chatting with you".
    Then plant a soft kiss on her lips. She will respond straight away.

yeah - she might slap you in the face.

girls who just want guy friends (which I'm sorry OP, but it sounds like she just likes you as a mate)may think its sweet but awkward if they don't like them (in that way) in return.she sounds like she enjoys your company and likes hanging out - but that seems like all it is. hanging out. you havn't made moves on her so she probably is delighted having a male friend who isn't hitting on her - but who just enjoys being around her.

tell her if you want but she's going away on holiday with another bloke. sounds like she likes the other guy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

You went on 3 dates and didn't make a move????

Seriously Op, this isn;t meant offensively but you've messed up and are probably in the friend zone. Man up, put it down as an example of what not to do and move on.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 scentedcandle

My brother has loads of female friends and one time he thought there might be a chance for it to change, they were doing 'couples' stuff and I suppose he thought it would progress in time but to this day they are STILL friends.
    I think its difficult for each party to transition as you can never be sure if they're 'in to' you.

If your friend is going on holidays with another guy, she may just be friends with him too.
    Does she have more male friends than female?
    But she could also be testing the water as to who it is she PREFERS as a potential boyfriend.
    Seeing you before she goes could be the litmus test she needs to help her decide, so, imo, play cool, like you could care less about the hoilday, maybe mention the lads are trying to round up for a break,
    get The Hangover on Dvd to make her think 'lads holiday :eek:
    ask that she brings you back a shot glass (so that you'll have to ask for it WITHOUT asking 'to see her the night she gets back' - that sounds too urgent and a need-to-know the details).
    On shot glass night (:)) you should take her out, bring shot glass and ask barman to use it for one each for ye!
    Looks like you werent jealous/anxious about holiday at all!
    its way more informal than meeting at home again, and with a few drinks in her she should be relaxed enough to tell you about her holiday, without you having to ask a single thing...

Advertisement