Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from Applewood Village to town etc

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I have tried searching for buses from Applewood village on Dublin bus.ie. I know there are buses from there as I have seen stops but I cant find bus numbers online or where to get them from town. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Hi terri 26..you can get the number 41/41c bus into town from applewood.The 41 x also goes directly into city centre it doesnt stop alnog the way its an express service.Hope this helps ya:)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

that's great, thanks sassychick!! Do you know where from town the bus goes from? and I know this sounds stupid but which side is the bus going into town? as in is it on the applewood village side or accross the road. thanks for your help

Its been awhile since i got it but as far as i know it leaves from eden quay..just check with driver to be sure;)and yeah it goes from the applewood side into city centre...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

41 doesnt go down by applewood village. It turn down on to the rathbeal road and passes J.C's.

The 41C does go by applewood village. If heading to town you stay on the village side of the road.

Coming home from the city the bus leaves from lower abbey street. across from the VHI building.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Thanks Elliee and Sassy Chick - much appreciated!

• Advertisement

Ah sorry bout that i taut the 41 did go by applewood i tink im rite bout the other two tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

sassychick wrote: »
    Ah sorry bout that i taut the 41 did go by applewood i tink im rite bout the other two tho....

There are two 41's in the morning that go via Applewood,at 06:55 & 07:40 and unlike the 41c don't go in to Rivervalley.
    If you look at the 41 timetable,they have an a beside the time.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/41/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

41x from town doesn't go into Applewood, it follows the same route as the 41from Swords village.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ginny wrote: »
    41x from town doesn't go into Applewood, it follows the same route as the 41from Swords village.

There are two 41x buses that go through Glen Ellen (Applewood) in the morning. Not sure if any of the 'x's go that way in the evening time though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah there's 2 morning ones from the manor that go through Applewood but none of the 41xs from town go through Applewood at all

• Advertisement

I had the most unpleasant experience of taking a 41c from Applewood to town today. What an absolute nightmare,I could have cycled to town and back to swords again faster that it took to get to town. Got on the bus at 10:33 and I didn't get off the bus at O'Connell St until 11:42. (I was due to start work at 11:30). There was no heavy traffic on the way,if there
    was it would have probably taken an hour and a half. It's just the bus driver was driving so slow and stopped at ever single bus stop.Then just after the airport roundabout he decided to stop the bus and just park for about 8 mins for no apparent reason. It is an appalling service and I will never get it again. The sooner Swords Express starts operating from Applewood the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

PWEI wrote: »
    I had the most unpleasant experience of taking a 41c from Applewood to town today. What an absolute nightmare,I could have cycled to town and back to swords again faster that it took to get to town. Got on the bus at 10:33 and I didn't get off the bus at O'Connell St until 11:42. (I was due to start work at 11:30). There was no heavy traffic on the way,if there
    was it would have probably taken an hour and a half. It's just the bus driver was driving so slow and stopped at ever single bus stop.Then just after the airport roundabout he decided to stop the bus and just park for about 8 mins for no apparent reason. It is an appalling service and I will never get it again. The sooner Swords Express starts operating from Applewood the better.

PWEI,

Sorry to hear of your slow journey on the 41C. It is known that some drivers do drive slower than others. Without meaning to sound mean but did he stop at every stop because there were paying customers wishing to get into town?! There could be several reasons why the bus pulled in after the Airport round o:

Reason 1: Driver Change over- it does happen. He was probally waiting for the other driver who was late for the changeover.

Reason 2: The unit where the money goes in could have been jammed and the driver requested the inspector to relieve it with a special key which the inspectors have at their disposal.

Reason 3: The engine of the bus could have been overheating, the bus could have stopped to allow it to cool. (When the bus overheats it can result in the bus loosing power which then ultimately leads to a breakdown)

Reason 4: Re the slowness: there could have a malufuction with the engine management system of the bus which caused it to go slower than it should have.

I hope that helps, also in future to prevent you being late I would go for an earlier bus as to ensure you are not late.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Nothing new there.
    Your obviously not a regular 41C user.
    Afterall, Dublinbus.ie route 41C states it should take 69 minutes. Time listed is off peak estimate
    So you did well imo.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/41c/

Elliee wrote: »
    Nothing new there.
    Your obviously not a regular 41C user.
    Afterall, Dublinbus.ie route 41C states it should take 69 minutes. Time listed is off peak estimate
    So you did well imo.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/41c/

Estimated time 69 mins,I suppose I did do well then. I just don't understand why they don't have a more direct service from Applewood. The 41C is the only real service apart from the two 41A's in the morning.In the meantime the Department of Transport still haven't made any progress on the licence application by Swords Express to widen their service to Applewood.
    I only took the 41c as I had to collect my motorbike in work which is my normal mode of transport along with the occasional cycle to work.
    I'd prefer not to drive a motorbike because of the dangers associated with it but it I've no real choice as my wife uses the car and the bus service is just not good enough.

Advertisement