Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MNF classics

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Starting tonight on espn america starts with Bears Cardinals

They are who we thought they were"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Epic game is epically win.

6 turnovers FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tonight's match is the Pats Ravens game from 2007. Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,534 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Archimedes wrote: »
    Tonight's match is the Pats Ravens game from 2007. Just a heads up.
    Great, great game. Remember it well and I have it downloaded somewhere too.

Stupid ESPN are showing the wrong game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Archimedes wrote: »
    Stupid ESPN are showing the wrong game :mad:

Yeah, I just noticed that too, I tuned in at the start, expecting the 2007 game, and they were talking about Julian Edelman replacing Wes Welker, and then mentioned Michael Oher, I went...What? It's the 2009 playoff game, the one the Patriots fell flat in. It's very far from a classic, and it, as far as I know, wasn't even on Monday night. How stupid do you have to be to mix these games up? I was looking forward to watching this too,.......morons. I recently bought a subscription for ESPN, the only reason was to watch football. ......Imbeciles.

• Advertisement

It wasn't even on ESPN for Christ's sake, it was CBS. Idiots.

ESPN have advertised their Monday Night classics for 2pm today again....on the programme guide it says it's the 2007 game, let's see if they fukc it up twice, or whether they manage to get it right this time.....

They got it right, finally, they showed the 2007 game on Wednesday afternoon as an extra programme, it wasn't scheduled. Just watching it now on Sky plus, though I just saw it by accident on the programme guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

fisgon wrote: »
    They got it right, finally, they showed the 2007 game on Wednesday afternoon as an extra programme, it wasn't scheduled. Just watching it now on Sky plus, though I just saw it by accident on the programme guide.

Yeah same. Got it recorded - great one. Packers @ Broncos was last week. For those who don't want to know (if it's recorded etc.):
    it was the one with Favre's long bomb to Jennings (I think!) on the first play of overtime

just watching this week's offering of MNF, ESPN actually got it right this time and showed the correct game, Eagles at Cowboys, 2008. It contains the dumbest play I've ever seen, Desean Jackson, people probably remember, gets a 60 yard pass from McNabb, is racing towards the endzone and drops the ball at the one yard line, thinking he had entered the endzone and wanting to show off how cool as fukc he was, how easy the touchdown was for him.

It took a few seconds for people to realise that he hadn't actually crossed the plane, that it was a live ball, though none of the cowboy players twigged, and didn't recover. Phillips challenged the call, it turned out the Eagles were given the ball at the 1 yard line, and Westbrook ran it in. Jackson was completely unabashed, totally unrepentant, after nearly costing his team 7 points. It's still hard to believe what he did, or why he did it, hilarious to see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I remember laughing my ass off watching that. Hilarious play. Stupid rookie :p.

Westbrook was injured on the next play after scoring the TD, if I remember correctly?
    Maybe that was a different game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

fisgon wrote: »
    just watching this week's offering of MNF, ESPN actually got it right this time and showed the correct game, Eagles at Cowboys, 2008. It contains the dumbest play I've ever seen, Desean Jackson, people probably remember, gets a 60 yard pass from McNabb, is racing towards the endzone and drops the ball at the one yard line, thinking he had entered the endzone and wanting to show off how cool as fukc he was, how easy the touchdown was for him.

It took a few seconds for people to realise that he hadn't actually crossed the plane, that it was a live ball, though none of the cowboy players twigged, and didn't recover. Phillips challenged the call, it turned out the Eagles were given the ball at the 1 yard line, and Westbrook ran it in. Jackson was completely unabashed, totally unrepentant, after nearly costing his team 7 points. It's still hard to believe what he did, or why he did it, hilarious to see it again.

Great game and Hilarious moment and to think he did the same kind of stupid act in the army All American Bowl. Not the sharpest tool in the box but amazing WR when he gets it right. Here it is for those who missed it :D

Advertisement