Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - 2 pts to beat Waterford @ 5-6

Options
  • 05-07-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Looking ahead to this weekend's Munster Senior Hurling Final and Boyles have the handicap at Cork -2 pts, which essentially means Cork must win by 3+pts. Having watched Cork v Tipp and Clare v Waterford, Cork should account for Waterford quite easily. Hurling is a game that throws up less shocks than Gaelic football as there is a lot more skill in hurling which means that the better team wins more often than not, same as any highly skillful game. Clare's relatively new team could easily have disposed of Waterford in the semi and just faded away in the last 10 mins after Waterford made some good substitutions. Cork on the other hand blew Tipp out if the water. OK they were obv. waiting in the long grass for that match and it was played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. This game is on in Thurles and while Waterford have a good record against Cork in recent Munster Finals, again Cork are simply a better team. You could pick Cork - 2 pts with Boyles or Cork/Cork ht-ft @ 10-11 with Powers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

i dont think this game is as straight forward as you make it sound! cork were not impressive against a weak limerick team and waterford have been under the radar for a while and i reckon they will put it up to cork on sunday. it has the makings to be a great game of hurling and lets hope it is after yesterdays drab leinster final

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

After seeing how poor Clare played against Dublin, it makes you wonder how bad are Waterford. No one will know until tomorrow but I would amazed if they come out on top in this. Btw Boyles have now shortened the -2pts to 8-11. Hope some of ye took the 5-6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

The -2 is 1.80 on PP.. Warper can i get your thoughts on Louth game? I was looking at doing a double and giving Louth +7 and -2 Cork works out @ 2.60

Edit im going too go with a football team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭baldbear

I backed Cork there but saw A O'Hailpin is 5/4 at over 1.5 points.Looks grand value but i'm a bad gambler!?Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

baldbear wrote: »
    I backed Cork there but saw A O'Hailpin is 5/4 at over 1.5 points.Looks grand value but i'm a bad gambler!?Any ideas

nearly better off to score a goal anytime, 7/4 on bet365. he doesnt have the hurling to get 2 or more points in my opinion... i did that bet for limerick game but he got very little ball, presume they will play more long ball to him today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fcukin hell

I would like to see a replay of that free for Waterford that led to the goal. Joke of a decision - the GAA officials gladly rubbin their hands on more cash. There was no free but hey lets give them practically a penalty to level it. ****#

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

had aisake with the first goal at 7-1 with ladbrokes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

Warper wrote: »
    Fcukin hell

I would like to see a replay of that free for Waterford that led to the goal. Joke of a decision - the GAA officials gladly rubbin their hands on more cash. There was no free but hey lets give them practically a penalty to level it. ****#
    surely you have seen now that the cork lad played mullanes hurley and not the ball?

Advertisement