Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television, DVD Player tuning.........

Options
  • 05-07-2010 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anybody in Dublin 15 who can do this sort of thing....as in call to the house and get a TV/DVD set up and properly tuned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend anybody in Dublin 15 who can do this sort of thing....as in call to the house and get a TV/DVD set up and properly tuned?

Is it anything special? Like a normal tv/set up is easily done, not worth paying someone to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Nothing special at all. I just don't want to get into it myself as I want to be able to tape the correct channel etc. without any hitches.

I might pop up to Powercity and ask someone there.

What are you looking to do?

jeffk wrote: »
    What are you looking to do?

For starters I am looking to have my TV channels tuned in a reasonable way. They used to be RTE1, RTE2, BBC1 etc, in that order but for some reason they have become far more random. Don't know how that happened.

I also want to be able to record an occasional programme and need to have it set up to do that.

For starters I am looking to have my TV channels tuned in a reasonable way. They used to be RTE1, RTE2, BBC1 etc, in that order but for some reason they have become far more random. Don't know how that happened.

I also want to be able to record an occasional programme and need to have it set up to do that.

It shouldn't be to hard, most newish tvs auto tune themselves to what each country gets and then you can move/rename them to suit your needs. Whats the make an number of the tv and i can google it and see if theres info on it.

So you want your video to set in a timer to record certain days or is it sky+/upc plus i think its called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Where are you in D15?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

People still use video recorders.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I assume you have basic analog NTL cable. Why not get their digital package? Its even cheaper and for €5/month you can ditch the video tapes and get their box with the recording function built in. Plus all the channels will be automatically in a reasonably nice order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I dont think the OP mentioned Video at all - rather the query related to TV/DVD setup.

(I still have videos though, and a cassette walkman :o. So retro they're nearly back in fashion again!)

The title suggests it's a TV and DVD player, but in a later post the OP mentions being "able to tape" something.

Clear as mud so. ;)

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    The title suggests it's a TV and DVD player, but in a later post the OP mentions being "able to tape" something.

Clear as mud so. ;)

DVD player..........DVD recorder...........

Is there really a significant difference between the two that someone who might be able to set up one could not set up the other? :confused:

JDxtra wrote: »
    I assume you have basic analog NTL cable. Why not get their digital package? Its even cheaper and for €5/month you can ditch the video tapes and get their box with the recording function built in. Plus all the channels will be automatically in a reasonably nice order.

Thanks. I suspect this might be the easiest solution. Though I have NTL Digital. Perhaps it is Digital plus I need for recording.

You will appreciate - from the comments on the lack of exactitude in the terms I use - at least one of the reasons why this stuff leave me cold!

No problem. You can order Digital+ online here: http://www.upc.ie/television/digitalplus/

DVD player..........DVD recorder...........

Is there really a significant difference between the two that someone who might be able to set up one could not set up the other? :confused:

A DVD Player only plays DVDs. A DVD recorder will play DVDs also, but it will allow you to "tune in" television stations so that you can record them to blank DVDs. You can also plug in a box (e.g. your NTL Digital box) and record from that also. Although, you would have to watch the same channel you are recording.

A DVD Player is very easy to setup. A DVD recorder would take a bit more effort.

Advertisement