Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sync desire with google apps

Options
  • 05-07-2010 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

So most of you with android have your gmail address and you sync all your contacts, calendar, messages, call history etc to the device.

Has anyone done this with the free edition of google apps where you use your own domain with google's services?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Random wrote: »
    So most of you with android have your gmail address and you sync all your contacts, calendar, messages, call history etc to the device.

Has anyone done this with the free edition of google apps where you use your own domain with google's services?

Thanks

I've an account in DCU. They use Google Apps. I had no probs setting up the DCU email address as a second acct in my mail apps.

The username is your email address
    All other settings are the same as normal Gmail settings. Don't forget to enable IMAP in the Settings area of your email account.

I only use the DCU mail so I haven't done anything more sophisticated than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

Yes. No problem for mail and calendar.Just put name@domain.tld as the username.
    It may not sync the first time, but keep at it.
    Doesn't work properly for some other apps such as Google Listen
    which syncs with Google Reader, but that's not really an android problem.
    Google does not put google apps accounts on the same level as plain gmail accounts,
    and there's no guarantee that any particular service will work.

Advertisement