Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mariah Carey

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

One of the greatest singers ever and one of the most successful ever. Shes had her ups and downs but has had a wonderful 20 year career so far. Her voice is simply sublime. She can sing the phonebook and still make it sound good. She has the most number 1's for a solo artist and is still interested in adding to that impressive feat.

So what does everyone else think of Mimi?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Her voice is simply sublime. She can sing the phonebook and still make it sound good.
    Not anymore! Some well dodgy reviews of her last "tour". She was in a league of her own, true, but total whackjob.

Always had a soft spot for her tho :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hingisfan08!

Savman wrote: »
    Not anymore! Some well dodgy reviews of her last "tour". She was in a league of her own, true, but total whackjob.

Yeah her voice isn't what it was but she still has it. She was actually good on tour. It was her voice during 2008 and through most of 2009 that was critised the most. Her voice is very delicate and needs a lot of rest and care and Mariah is known for her love of a "splash" as she says herself of Champangne but she's laid off that now whether just for bettering her voice of because she is pregnant but she has regained alot of strenght and power in her voice. She is still a shadow of her former self vocally wise which is a shame. She can still sing on a tour without people walking out unlike Whitney which is sad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 clesherz

I agree although in her heyday she was something else. Talk about vocal gymnastics and one hell of a range! I have to say though, though I appreciate her immensely as a singer, her song choices just dont do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nigmatron

Mariah is in a league of her own.. She has outsold Celine Whitney Janet Gaga Katy Rihanna Miley and Beyonce with EASE! She is the biggest selling female artist of ALL time with 18 #1's . 79 whole weeks perched at #1 total respect is due!! She is incomparable. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nigmatron

Mariah in her heyday 😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Obviously an amazing singer. I like her videos as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Best thing she ever did was feature ODB on Fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LeonardNelson

My favorite Mariah song is Byebye.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Um....I saw her live last year in Australia and she was unreal. I've been at many a live show but I can tell you now I've never heard a voice like that live. She should just sing and stop her carrying on...amazing voice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement