Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - My Son has Bulimia

Options
  • 04-07-2010 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi - Just read this thread (I'm new)! My 16 yr old son has bulimia + Im really finding it hard 2 cope with it ... don't know what 2 say or do - just praying a lot! Doctors r unbelievably unhelpful - they take him in + weigh him ... then send him out 2 me 2 tell me what 2 do (they don't talk 2 me directly??). How ridiculous is that???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi PI Mods

I have moved this here from Fitness as it is more a PI topic than a fitness related topic.

Hope this is ok.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Try http://www.bodywhys.ie/ for a start, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I don't think you should be too harsh on your son or his doctors.
    Once I set out to lose a lot of weight and went from 12.5 stone to nearly 9.5. I was told by my mother, sister and brother that I looked like I had cancer or aids, and my mother constantly tried to feed me junk. It was so annoying because rather than support all I got was constant nagging and belittlement. Just put yourself in your son's shoes and then try a different approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 blackie100

I go to an would recomend overeaters anoymous. Go to http://www.oa.org/ and looks for meetings their should be a good few about ireland. I have been going to OA for over a year and i found it to be a good way to deal with the problems ive with food. OA i think deals with all types of food related problems and their members in their who have recovered from their problems. Some of the strong points of OA is that it is inexpesive, their can be multiple meetings a week and meetings go on all year which is important in this area.

Advertisement