Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of a pickle

Options
  • 04-07-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I probably know the answer to this one, but looking for some opinions/advice.
    Me & my partner are currently renting. We like the area very much and are happy where we are. The landlord is very good to us and the neighbours are great.
    A house has recently come up for sale on our road. We would love to buy it, but one small problem. Both of us are out of work despite our best efforts. We can raise two-thirds of the asking price as my partner could sell her interest in the family home which is still occupied by her family. It's the rest of the money that's the sticking point.
    The silly part is that the mortgage for the remainder is small, and it certainly wouldn't cost as much as the rent. In fact it'll be a lot cheaper. How would we be able to raise the remainder? Or are we dreaming?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Personal issue me hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

if you cant get a loan you cant afford it , where is the pickle ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Above poster said it OP, unfortunately you just cant afford it.
    Chin up though, houses aren't being snatched up immediately at the moment and hopefully one of you will get work to solve this. Which is the only realistic solution imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Personal issue me hole...

1 week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We can raise two-thirds of the asking price ........

This is how much you should be offering anyway if you were to go for it.
    Don't think it's a good idea in your position though, what if one or both of you gets a job a good distance away or in another country? You are tied to the house.
    Number focus should be a job. The house will probably still be on the market in a few months anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement