Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Trinity Hall to St James's?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hey peeps,

I'm a medical student from the UK, just arrived at trinity Hall today for a research project over at St James's Hospital, I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best mode of transport between here at the hospital? Bus? Luas? And if so which?

I'm going to try walking it tomorrow (my first) day, and will see how that goes! I'm gonna basically just follow the canal, maybe not the quickest route but definitely the easiest, although for early starts a quickish bus or something would be great..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yixian wrote: »
    Hey peeps,

I'm a medical student from the UK, just arrived at trinity Hall today for a research project over at St James's Hospital, I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best mode of transport between here at the hospital? Bus? Luas? And if so which?

I'm going to try walking it tomorrow (my first) day, and will see how that goes! I'm gonna basically just follow the canal, maybe not the quickest route but definitely the easiest, although for early starts a quickish bus or something would be great..

Well, if I were you I'd get the No. 128 bus in the morning to Eden Quay, walk the 30 seconds to Lower Abbey St. Luas stop, get on the Luas and get off St. James' hospital.

Here's where you get the 128 from (the stop is right at the point where it says "Palmerston" in Palmerston Park)

Here's where you get off (the bus stop is at the point where it says "R105").

Here's where you get the luas (you see, all you have to do is walk through Harbour Court) and you're at the luas stop).

And here's where you get off for St. James's Hospital.

Here's a list of all the Luas stops in case you're wondering.

It might not be the best route but it's probably the most reliable if you're going by public transport, of course I could be wrong but sure there's more than one way to skin a cat!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

Hmm a luas and a bus there and back could be a bit expensive, I'm here for a few weeks.

Is there possibly a bus that would take me to within walking distance of the hospital?

Apparently walking it will take me an hour so... am actually now kinda keen to figure something out for tomorrow morning! I'll take your route unless I can find another though, sounds failsafe even if a tad expensive, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

If your here for a month or so, get a monthly rambler for the bus.
    Get the 128 from halls to Suffolk street. Then get the 123 from Dame street ( a short walk from Suffolk Street ) which will drop you in the grounds of the hospital.
    When the 123 drops you off, walk back in the direction it came from and the Trinity Centre is on the left hand side. Should be signs if I remember clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

^^
    That's probably the easiest way for public transport.

If you're walking it, leave lots of time the first few times because it's deceptively long. Wouldn't recommend walking back late at night or anything, bit dodgy tbh.

I found cycling was the easiest way if you can get your hands on a bike. If you're walking it, either go along the canal or else try working out a route via google maps where you start off going in behind the centra on the upper rathmines road- it's a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Yixian

Right now I've settled on getting the 128 to town and getting the red line Luas straight to SJs. Works for me! Plus I can pick up stuff while in town, handy because my hours are proving quite long..

Thanks for the help guys!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement