Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmongers in Dublin City?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a decent fishmongers/fish shop in Dublin city? Not out in Howth or anything like that, I'd be looking for somewhere a bit more central. Even a good fish dealer at one of the markets.

Dublin is not the greatest city to buy fish in it seems, and the supermarkets are hopeless when it comes to fresh fish.

The threads that came up in the search function are all old, and at least one of the places recommended is not in existence anymore. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

It has to be Kish Fish, amazing. www.kishfish.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Howth isnt the best place for fish i dont think anyway.
    Superquinn are usually the best supermarket for fish and as for fish shops theres Cavistons out passed Dun Laoghaire or I think it's called Nicks Fish out in Ashbourne, i know it's not Dublin, they're the 2 i've heard most people rave about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Kish, and Fitzsimons near the Carlyle Gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I know they are a little bit out of the city centre, but here are a few suggestions

Good Fish in Dundrum
    Fenelons in Stillorgan
    Molloys in Donnybrook
    THere is also one in Lakelands beside Stillorgan but I cant remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Recommend the Fish trader at Ranelagh Market. Not 100% but think it is open fri-sun better to get there early as she has become popular and looks after her customers well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

There was a fishmongers on Lower Baggot Street, maybe someone could oonfirm if its still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

mrsberries wrote: »
    There was a fishmongers on Lower Baggot Street, maybe someone could oonfirm if its still there?

No, it has closed down, and they moved the business to Howth.

Someone mentioned the fish shop in Dundrum. Great place, fine selection and very reasonably priced. Located in the old Dundrum shopping centre (also home to a good butcher and greengrocer).

Advertisement