Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Cabbage on HTC Desire

Options
  • 04-07-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm having problems sending SMS with Cabbage on my Desire...there doesn't seem to be an option to add a contact to send a text to...I think it's got something to do with Google Contacts after looking online, but I don't know really what that means. I haven't Synced the phone with a computer or anything...not sure I have to do that...I added a few contacts into my Meteor phone book within the web based applications (on Meteor's website) as i thought that was the problem but it doensn't seem to be working...when I click on the "To:" option it's not giving me a choice of people to send to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Philip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Do you have a gmail account?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

I do indeed...and it's brought all my Google email addresses into my "People"...

I don't use cabbage but when I did I just had to enter two letters and a list of relevant contacts would fill a drop-down menu.

JustinOval wrote: »
    I don't use cabbage but when I did I just had to enter two letters and a list of relevant contacts would fill a drop-down menu.

Hi mate..what do you use yourself? I'm not fussy...whatever works would do me!

Philip42 wrote: »
    Hi mate..what do you use yourself? I'm not fussy...whatever works would do me!

Handcent, I'd only use cabbage when I run out of the free texts on my plan, which I don't...

• Advertisement

JustinOval wrote: »
    Handcent, I'd only use cabbage when I run out of the free texts on my plan, which I don't...

But is Handcent for sending webtext via the phone? That's what I was looking for? An alternative km CAbbage seeing as i doesn't seem towork with my Desire...it could very well be something I'm doing wrong as other people don't seem to encountering the same problem

Well yeah, I don't use webtexts... anyway, we're drifting off topic..

Go here -

http://www.google.com/contacts

Edit or add your contacts, then on your phone go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync and make sure your gmail address is synced. That should do it..

HI mate...thanks for that..it sorted out my problem going into Google contacts..cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Back off topic, I'm using Textdroid at the moment because cabbage didn't support group messages.

Knasher wrote: »
    Back off topic, I'm using Textdroid at the moment because cabbage didn't support group messages.

I may give that a go at sooe stage mate but Cabbage fits my needs for the moment..awesome phone this..can't wait for Froyo to be.released on it..

• Advertisement
Advertisement